Risen 3 The best starting case scenario

joxer

The Smoker
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
Posting as promised in another thread.

1. Not spilling too much of milk (experience aka glory)

You can't avoid prologue mission, but you can avoid island exploration outside of the tutorial mission. Do it.
Go only to where Patty says. Do what Patty says to do there, explore just those ruins, you'll find a few parrot scrolls as you'll need at least one.
After teaming up with Bones, don't wander around, set sail on Fog Island.

2. Someone mod Venturo as a sidekick, please

On Fog Island you'll meet Venturo, follow him and stumbling upon a hard to kill creature, just roll around with doubletapping till Venturo and Bones nail it. Follow Venturo more to his base, where you can read about a certain legendary item on that island. Mark it as active quest in the logbook and go pick it immediately with the shortest route you can, it's this thing:

2954oxy.jpg

3. Cash cow

On the same island there is another nifty item and you need the parrot spell to grab it. It's in the eastern ruins (where two inquisitors and Circe are) and it's this one:

35mqro1.jpg

When I found it, I had those two skills already so am not 100% sure, but having this item in inventory probably allows you getting "trophies" very early (there are 5 hunting skills in the game, but at least you'd get two of them very early).
Didn't spot any similar item elsewhere in the game. Yet. If I do, I'll add it, and that'd be the next stop.

Where exactly it is?
Here's the spot on the map you need to reach (small red arrow southeast):

xddw12.jpg

And here's that same spot ingame from where you need to fly as a parrot to the tower opposite of you, the item is there:

15xrhxc.jpg

4. Crybaby

The safest route for all this since it's very early and mobs are not that easy? Dunno. I'd have to start a new game for that. Someone else please do it. Or wait till I'm done with the game so I can be arsed. :D

A doublepost as a placeholder if I find more such stuff to add.

[EDIT]
Just to say you can explore island and reach the spot you want by gliding as a parrot - nothing will attack you. Just don't step onto water…

To train other hunting skills, the easiest way is to go on Calador, a bit north from fishermen village, then west over the bridge, then more north to a hunters hut (silver arrow on the pic).

calador.jpg

The hunter there teaches all 5 skills.
Do prepare some cash.

And while there you should also talk to Nate in fishermen village to grab sneak skill early (a few houses on the soouth part of the map).

[EDIT2]
Another nifty skill early is prospecting that nets you 8 instead of 5 ore.
If you have 500 in your pocket, probably the best option is to visit Taranis and find a gnome named Faris in a mine (silver arrow on the map):

taranis.jpg

Last edited:
Joxer, I can start over and try this. I'm not very far along and more glory is a good thing. I'll even try outrunning most mobs instead of staying to fight where possible.

Yes, the idea is to kill as less mobs as possible. No need to nitpick on a rat with 10XP (11XP) of course. ;)

Thanks! In any case I'm still struggling to find, if exist, more nifty items worth having as early as possible.
Seen some folks giving this game 6/6.5… Man. Only exploration part is worth 10! And the world is huge. I believe I've wasted 20 hours on just mages island and I still didn't explore the whole of it!

Last edited:
An update.

As you know I've finished the game, and now I restarted, rushed for shackles and bone saw… No hunting bonuses detected, you still have to train them.
Probably a bug.

Luckily you do get 2900 gold from tutorial and additional 100 near shackles, so you can still train 4 hunting skills (the best option is Calador and hunter north, no quest needed to solve, leave out magical trophies and return later for that). If the item worked, it'd save you 1500 gold and you'd be able not to grab the rest hunting skills but also prospecting that costs only 500 (maps/locations in the previous post).

Such a shame it doesn't work.
I will report this on Deep Silver forum with a few additional sad bugs. Very sad.

Yeah, the Bone Saw is bugged. I'm pretty sure PB already realizes that though. It's been talked about on the Steam forum.

Last edited:
And the world is huge. I believe I've wasted 20 hours on just mages island and I still didn't explore the whole of it!

Indeed. I'm still factionless in chapter 2 and at a little over 50 hours now after clearing every single island and finishing every single quest that you can do without committing to a faction (killed all the shadowlords, destroyed all the crystal gates as far as possible and also did the first few Mendoza quests).
Taranis (mage island) definitely took the longest, followed by Calador, Kila, Takarigua (in that order), then Antigua + Fog Island (the latter of which is surprisingly large for a DLC island) are about the same size/length, then the Isle of Thieves which is a little smaller and the Crab Coast is probably the smallest or quickest-to-explore map.

And now I'll go and join the demon hunters for my first faction to finish the game. Depending on how long it takes from here, I might finish it with the other two factions a second and a third time. We'll see...

A new update! Good news in fact.

Just tested it.
Fog Island, soul eater Rakazor (Venturo's quest).

1. You don't go for Bone Saw item, kill him, and you'll loot only a bone.
2. You go for Bone Saw, kill him, you loot bone AND horn!

Bone Saw *does* work. It just doesn't show in character stats which is misleading.

So, when you grab it, go train other three hunting skills (skip paying for claws and horns skills) and prospecting!

Yep, this is what I did. Sorry, I've been playing that way for a couple days but forgot you wanted an update. As far as the safest path, stay high. I was able to leap and jump around and only fought a handful of creatures on the way to the bone saw. I didn't fight anything towards the shackles.

I'd add that another skill to get as early as possible is Master Haggler. It is 15% towards your gold once you've taken the skill 3 times. There is a gnome that trains is this on the Thieves Isle if you have it. I think you need 40 in two stats, so this isn't something you can take super quick but probably after your 2nd island.

No need to go safe route, I've edited the post above but perhaps I should have posted a new.
Turn into parrot. Just glide to the spot with the item. No mobs will attack you. ;)

As for the next stat (after hunting and mining) I wanted sneak. So I went on Caldera/Calador fishing village, picked two bags of gold on roofs and played three times knifethrowing against one of those guys that pays cash, got myself another 500 gold - Nate in front of fishing village trains sneak. :)

After that, following him to the Citadel, inside there is a trader who does train haggling. :D
But no more cash, so now I have to start questing.
If only I could remember which chest and where had a nice weapon for starters... Just to add that smithy in Calador sells a lockipck.

Back
Top Bottom