Dragon Age - CE Listing

Dhruin

SasqWatch
GameStop now lists a Dragon Age Collector's Edition with rather nice box art and the following inclusions to meet the hefty USD$64.99 price tag:

• Tin Case
  • Bonus DVD including:
    • A making of documentary
    • Soundtrack
    • Trailers
    • Wallpaper
    • Concept art video
    • Strategy tips.
  • Cloth Map
  • 3 pieces of exclusive in-game content:
    • Bergens Honor
    • Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes
    • Final Reason
  • Additional In Game Content
    • "The Stone Prisoner" unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale
  • An unlockable item for Mass Effect 2
    • Get an exclusive in-game item for use in the upcoming title Mass Effect 2
More information.

I've always found exclusive IN-GAME content to be rather obnoxious. Hopefully it is unlocked in a patch.

I just hope the cloth map is larger than the cocktail-napkin sized maps I've seen in other CE's. Frankly, I'd pay extra to get a map like the one-off they did for Pirates of the Burning Sea. It was on paper, not cloth, but heavy paper and I want to say it was around 40-in. in length, at least over 36-in. Ah ... THAT was a map.

In any case - here's hoping the DA map is closer to hand-towel size than Kleenex size.

So I have a map fetish, I guess.

So I have a map fetish, I guess.

I paid 70€ for a box full of old ultima maps and manuals. It was ultima underworlds map and journal that made me a collector of such things. Very few games have them though. And even then it might be only in some versions (i.e baldurs gate citymap).

Cloth map <3

Probably not going to buy it, I'm not big on CEs, and unlocking an item for ME2 is just the stupid, but Frith, I love cloth maps. Totally digging your attitude, rbtroj.

Worth buying just for the possibility having Shepard wield dwarven battleaxe +1 alone.

This made me laugh:
The GameStop Exclusive Feral Wolf Charm - With this charm, hunters claim that they are enchanted on moonlit nights by scantily clad witches deep in the heart of the Korcari Wilds.
I hope that was meant ironically and not as a horribly adolescent attempt at marketing.

I pre-ordered a CE from EB a few weeks ago for $120!!

So a metal box and cloth map. The rest is all BS, especially the 'Making of DVD' - what a waste of plastic. I'll either wait for the eventual sale or get a download version.

An unlockable character might be a big deal in a game like this that gets so heavy into the character's origins. If the bonus quests are GOOD SIZED quests then this might actually be worth it. A rare thing for collector's editions. (Actually, I don't think I've ever bought a CE version before.)

I'm going to check if I can turn my standard pre-order into a CE ... heck, I apparently need more free crap for ME2 than I got in that piss-poor iPhone game.

Is it just me or does dragon age look like a lord of the rings movie from all the promotional videos ??

They should have used a similar package for Divinity 2 - I don't mean the in-game content, but the rest.

Back
Top Bottom