RPGWatch - Looking for News Editors

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We are back again with the quest for new news posters. Our latest group of candidates turned out to be not very active, so here is your chance to do better.

I'm sure there are some of you who think you can do this, so why not give it a try and contact me via PM.

Before you do, be aware that it does take time to post news. We are looking for people with some stamina who can invest a number of hours per week and continue for a long, long time.

So, if you still think you have what it takes and want to join the glorious ranks of RPGWatch editors, contact me.

More information.

So..... Any takers?

I can't, unfortunately, no time for that, but I wish the site well with its search for news posters. "Couch" will be a hard person to fill the shoes of while he is away.
I must say, he does an excellent job.

He'll only be away for 120-200 hours + sleep, I'm sure the site will survive? Afterall, wont most people be away for 120-200 hours + sleep as of tomorrow?

A never ending quest to find news posters. :)
But Black Rune is not suitable for such a noble task. Black Rune sometimes only shares some news.
I love RPGWatch and wish I could help.
Don't worry lads. There will be posters.
Cheer up by some of these fine compilation of Tolkien poems
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLuRPbepaFI

I read a lot of gaming news and some of it may be of interest to the people here. I guess I could try and see if I'm a good fit or not..?

"Glorious ranks".

I like that. xD

He'll be out until February. He's a little under the weather. :(

I hope he gets well soon!

Couch is such a great guy and kept this news section alive for a long time.

If anyone got me 2 additional hours per day, I'd volunteer. (Secretly I'd of course use only 1 hour for the watch and spend the other hour for additional gaming.)

Are we allowed to know what's wrong with him?

I admit, it's just nosiness, but that is human nature at it's core.

Is it something so bad that any reference to it other than deepest condolences would result in public shaming or is it something that's just one of those things whereby we can make jokes about awkward toileting. Is it bordering on the fade to black or is it a handy irritant to excuse a flight south for the winter.

How are we supposed to react should he pop by to say hi etc?

We err on the side of not making jokes about "awkward toileting", and we mind our own business?

Hopefully it's just DAI flu.;)

He does a great job and deserves a break. Hopefully he gets better soon and enjoys a bit of free time.

As for the news I don't think I'd have enough free time and usually the threads I post in are empty so I don't think many people would enjoy the games or topics i'd post.

It would be more modern, more action and more tech. These things usually get plenty of complaints when couch post them.

We err on the side of not making jokes about "awkward toileting", and we mind our own business?

Automatically assume the most extreme moralistic angle possible? Won't that be a bit odd if everything he contributes to in the next few months is followed by 2 pages of loving condolences?

That's a private matter. Couch is the only who will decide which infos to share.

Let me point out again what is commonly ignored by all new news editors. ;)

It would be completely fine if you post only 3 newsbits per day, 6 or 7 days a week.

Is there still a place to just submit news? That would save another editor time, as they could just move the found story over if they think it's appropriate. I could see myself submitting a bunch of links with a preview, but I don't always have time to do it and wouldn't want to be depended on.

I guess I could just PM Aubrielle, who is at least on the same continent, with a list but would want approval before cluttering her inbox.

Back
Top Bottom