Gothic 3 Contents of New Zealand CE

Jabberwocky

True Synaesthete
My game arrived from New Zealand today. I haven't installed it yet and quite frankly I may just wait a while. I started this thread just to let you know what the contents were like. (A few days ago I was informed by the distributor that the contents had changed, but not specifically how).

The New Zealand CE contains the soundtrack CD, a making-of DVD, and a printed map of Myrtana. I was expecting a cloth map, but this one was printed on normal paper, and looks very similar to the map that shipped with the Morrowind CE years back. Also included was the booklet "The Art of Gothic 3", but NO SLEEPER MEDALLION. Oh well...

I am quite impressed with the art booklet. It is much more comprehensive than anything I've seen shipped with a game before. There must be hours of reading here.

I'm also very impressed with the game manual. Very top notch and creative - what with the quotes from various "historical" figures of the realm.

I'm holding off on the game for the time being, but I want to watch the making-of DVD. Can anyone tell me if the DVD is pretty much "spoilerless"? I am mainly concerned about NOT knowing the end of the game. The rest I don't care about so much. Is it safe to watch?....
Thanks in advance!

Jabber, you are really taking your time at this, aren't you? I got the German's one with everything except I don't understand what they were taking about in those interviews. My guess is that no "spoiler" in involved. Why would they do that? now put that appetizer in your mouth already FGS.

Ha ha... okay. :) True true....

Actually I couldn't resist and I began the game tonight. Whew! I've barely done anything and I'm totally hooked! I just can't believe how incredible the world looks.

I'm with you, Jabber. I just started this evening and it is such a trip! Now that I've come to terms with putting my graphic settings to medium, things are even better. I like the control scheme much better than the previous Gothics, and the fluidity of the character movements is also very impressive and lifelike. Even at medium quality, everything is gorgeous! This may be RPG of the year...

Back
Top Bottom