The NEW NWN Team Corwin Thread

Well hopefully one day you can pop in, even if it is just now and then. We are playing the PW that ffbj created. Second God War...it is brilliant. We are already somewhat off the beaten path and my caster is not liking the looks of the place one bit. If The Short One doesn't stop bumping into me trying to pick my pockets or hide in my Sorc robes I may have to DM him into limbo!! :lol:

If The Short One doesn't stop bumping into me trying to pick my pockets or hide in my Sorc robes I may have to DM him into limbo!! :lol:

tss, I would never... :)

and btw, it looks like the next patch for nwn2 is out. so hopefully there will be some nice mods soon.

Ok, I was ready yesterday, but it seems that I asked Taxen a bit to late how to connect and when. At any rate, I found Corwin and Taxen(at least I think it's you) at skype. One small remark for the others during gameplay -> I'm using a normal microphone, so it's kinda hard to both speak and game at the same time.(certainly in English)

If someone could explain to me how and when to connect to the NWN server, I will be joining you. (Btw, I also purchased NWN2, so when you go back to it ... no prob for me)

I was not available this friday, we had some midsummer celebrations. but we start around 3:00 am (GMT+1) and CM is usually the one to start the Skype conference. So you would have to get CM on your skype list and then simply be logged in at the right time.
oh, and what was the problem with your microphone?

It's a real microphone -> I'm talking about such a thing you have to hold in your hand like someone who's singing.

Ok, so CM has to be joined in my skype list -> problem occurs: more then one CM in the USA and I don't know everything about her. (besides that she lives on a barn offcourse ;) )
Still the problem is that I don't know how to connect the game itself with the server. Back at the dot I believe it was a Jolt server, wasn't it? If it was, then it would suprise me that we could still play on the same server.(in either case - I don't know how to connect anymore)

OK, the rest of us use headsets with a microphone attached (easy to use). To connect:- Use Multiplayer. When you get to the MP listing page, go to ALTERNATIVE, there you will see Corwin. Click on that and enter the password. You're IN!! :)

It's a real microphone -> I'm talking about such a thing you have to hold in your hand like someone who's singing.

I use a stand-alone microphone and headphones, so you should be able to just put it next to your monitor and play normally.

You want to use server.exe to play the module. I assume you are doing that. It should retain locations, journals, etc...It can't be saved, and reloaded.

As I explained in a PM, it didn't when we were down in the mines. It returned us to our last SURFACE location, which was no help at all. What was even more interesting, was that when we began the session CM was dead (she had been quite alive when we finished the week before-well, as alive as CM ever is :) ), but we got this message that she was killed by SGW??!! When she re-spawned, all her stuff was unidentified and I had to spend time ID'ing it all for her!! Weird.

I have seen that happen on rare occassions. The module thinks that you were in a fight, and logged off to avoid death, so it pro-rates hit points to give you when you return. Pc's with low hitpoint totals can sometimes die from this, mages,rogues. So my suggestion is rest before you exit the server, or at least wait for the server update message. Think of it as one of the gods is not smiling on you. Sorry about that.

Yes, CM is our fairly low level mage, so that was likely the problem. Unfortunately as you, yourself have pointed out, you can't rest in some places, such as where we were when time expired and we had to log off for the week.

Sounds likely. In my old campaign you would want to rest in a safe location before quitting. This was sort of a habit that subconsciously, or more likely, through lack of expertise is reflected in my campaign. I plan to put in some safe areas, towers, etc.. where you can rest within the no-rest areas, thus continuing your campaign, without having to return to a surface area. Locally the 2nd level of the mines is about the closest rest area nearby. In general no rest areas are to serve as a warning. Tough on mages too. (Sorry you showed up dead CM).

:biggrin: So were we, in some ways!! lol :biggrin:

Humm..........I may have to DM the next session for more then one reason. :cm:

So do we, CM will likely DM you to the correct location. Get in early, cause you have to go through the intro section. I'll put the server up early, if I remember!! :)

That was fun! It was so strange to hear your voices for the first time, but the funniest was without any doubt the complaining of CM against 'the little one'. It was almost like you heard Gollem "the thieves, the dirty little thieves"

As I said, it's not very likely that I'm able to see you all next week. I have a date (this word is not correct since it's only a friend) with a former colleague. Some of you can guess who. (name begins with a 'K') ;)

Glad you enjoyed it. Pity Peter wasn't there, he's fun too. Hope your 'date' goes well next week!!

Glad you had fun, though be it at my being tormented as usual. The Little One is going to pay. Oh yes, he will pay!:mwahaha::cm:

Back
Top Bottom