Diablo 3 - On Subscriptions and Modding

Dhruin

SasqWatch
More tidbits from Blizzcon with Shacknews quoting Jay Wilson as not being keen to have a Battle.net subscription but monetising other aspects is likely:
Diablo III director Jay Wilson said today that the company does not have a great desire to charge a subscription fee for the upcoming revision of its multiplayer client Battle.net. However, the developer did note that Blizzard will likely monetize unknown features of the game.
"We are going to monetize features so that we get to make them," said Wilson. "We kind of have to."
Wilson noted that whatever the content would be, it would have an appropriate value to users.
He goes on to say they won't be supporting mods.
More information.

"We are going to monetize features so that we get to make them," said Wilson. "We kind of have to."

Reminds me somehow of Hellgate London.

Just waiting to hear how BN2 turns out now. Not liking the news much so far.

Should be ok - think things like additional character slots etc. GW is a good model for subscription free gaming.

I really hope they don't charge for B-Net. I guess it just bothers me a bit when they could do something so little to give back to the fans that have given them so much.. about 10,000,000 giving them around 15 $/€ a month actually.

..and now they plan to split StarCraft 2 into three parts?

Back
Top Bottom