Problems after installation splinter cell - farcry

titus

Substitute Shinigami
Original Sin 2 Donor
I just bought the collection edition of Splinter cell. I installed it and it played great ' no wonder because it is an older game.
BUT when I reboot the pc, messenger info(stored email and password) is blanc and hangs every time when i try to give it in, also my banking online isn't working anymore. The only things that help is to delete the game and do a system restore.
Same thing happens when I install Farcry.
I like both games from what i tasted of it, but how can I have this problem solved?
I hope you guys can help, and soon because I want to play it withouyt problems :d thankx already guys

Well, all I can say is that they are both Ubisoft games. Is there maybe some sort of an online registration thing that makes your firewall react and block traffic? Does the internet browsing otherwise work normally?

I actually have the Splinter Cell demo right here on a disk, I could install and check, but as I have Vista and you have XP according to your profile, I don't think there would be much point.

no I can registrate them wothout problems. and the probs with messenger already happen before I try to log in to it, just at the startup of messenger already. I guess you are right about the vista - xp thing

If you have a lot of time on your hands, you can always check the support forum:

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/frm/f/954105331/

I tried a couple of searches on the Ubi forums, but came up with nothing relevant and ran out of ideas.

As for the Messenger problem, some people claim they have similar problems and that they are related to Passport.Net:

http://www.pcreview.co.uk/forums/thread-596272.php

Maybe someone else here knows about Messenger, I'm unfortunately not using it. Gotta get some sleep now.

OK, I had to try, as I was curious of the praised game as well. Amazing, the installation of the SC demo really seems to clear all the saved logins and passwords from the browser, including the RPGWatch one! Even more amazing is the fact that it affects Firefox on Vista. Fortunately, it didn't affect my memory and so I could get back here. So, I guess you would have to enter again the bank login and pw as well to get the service working again. For Messenger, it seems a bit trickier.

There was a Windows security update as well yesterday, so that could be the other reason, but it would be quite a coincidence.

Back
Top Bottom