Are RPGs Better Than Reality? @ Blog Critics

Want to do quests and help out? Your local community probably has ample need for volunteers to help out and do daily quests. In no time flat your community reputation will hit the exalted mark!

Yes it really is quite easy. Help the person who fell, or dropped something. If someone looks lost, ask if they need help. Say hi to, or talk and listen a little to the lonely neighbour.

Basically, just keep your eyes open to see if someone needs help. Volunteering is even better, but it takes more effort. Helping someone now and then is easy and deeply satisfying.

How is the culture there? In Umeå it was way too much about status and being smart for the sake of being smart. Individually the people were nice and interesting, but taken as a whole it was really not my cup of tea.

Very different depending on which course I took. The people I met in History of Ideas were mostly history geeks or philosophers, usually very well read on history. These were nice fellas but mostly academics. In Social Anthropology few if anyone was interested in anthropology (I was deeply interested but the course killed that interest).

In Sociology most of what I met were far-left geezers who had a lot of values but really couldn't support what they stood for nor handle contradicting facts. There was very little friendship going on. Some groups even had open abuse against "classmates" going on. The vapors of double morality was so thick that you could cut it in the air with a butter knife.

Psychology have been an awesome class really. Right in the beginning someone set up a group on facebook which now include pretty much the entire 50-70 people group, with parties every week and excellent teamwork. People are fun, lighthearted, but also deep and serious when necessary. People have all sorts of backgrounds having read medical sciences, economy and finance or other social sciences like me.

Back
Top Bottom