Witcher 3 - New Q&A & Game Length

Yeah It sounds strange that there's not even 1 fetch quest. Did fans really ask for this, or is it just CDP who thought it could be a good way to promote the game?

There's a huge difference between RPG's where 50% or more of the quests are fetch quests (WoW comes to mind) and RPG's where you do it a few times and there's a nice story to go along with it. I doubt anyone minds that.

What will we get instead of fetch quests, is my question :) I really think the keyword here should be variety and not "zero tolerance" against any specific type of quest. If we instead get 50 quests where we are supposed to find a person it's not like people are going to go "well at least it's not fetch quests!" doh.

@DArtagnan you're still talking about taste so i see little point in continuing the discussion, there's more to quality than build quality too, but build quality is an excellent example.

As for your example, you can only be an expert and a "judge" if the specific entertainment (art, music etc) is to your taste, so when it comes to entertainment quality and taste goes kind of hand in hand.. This is why people get pissed off if someone reviews a particular genre that he has no interest in and doesnt like, since there's no way this person could understand or even begin to judge its quality.

So, you're saying the person with the most experience is right because he or she doesn't apply personal preferences and others are wrong? You're not making sense to me.

So, you're saying the person with the most experience is right because he or she doesn't apply personal preferences and others are wrong? You're not making sense to me.

When it comes to entertainment taste will be a big issue here yes, that's what i just said.

The person with the most knowledge and experience and the corresponding taste will be the person to trust and to be the better judge over the person with no experience or knowledge and no interest in the genre, or the person who just got interested in the particular genre (no experience or knowledge, just taste plays in here). This is really hard for you isn't it.. i think i give up here :)

When it comes to entertainment taste will be a big issue here yes, that's what i just said.

The person with the most knowledge and experience and the corresponding taste will be the person to trust and to be the better judge over the person with no experience or knowledge and no interest in the genre, or the person who just got interested in the particular genre (no experience or knowledge, just taste plays in here). This is really hard for you isn't it.. i think i give up here :)

What's hard is making sense of the irrational, sorry.

Let's say a person with 15 years of RPG experience says game A is better than game B, and a person with 20 years of RPG experience says game B is best. In your world, the person with 20 years of experience will be right - and the other will be wrong?

That's what you're seriously suggesting? I'm sorry, but imagine what kind of world it would be if that's how we judged things. That would make it a very scary place.

I don't know why you can't see that quality and taste are inseparable when it comes to games and art. Maybe you've never really thought about it?

From you:

I think you have it mixed up with taste.. quality is certainly not subjective, not for games, for hardware, clothes, sound, printing etc etc.. that some people are willing to accept crap is not the same as quality is subjective

Why don't you tell me if you like Baldur's Gate more than Fallout - and tell me why one game is better than the other? Let's hear it from someone we can trust. Prove that one game is better through your experience. Remember quality can be established, according to you - and personal preferences won't apply. Just explain in detail why one game is clearly better - and why we should all trust you.

Tell us why we should be having more fun with one over the other, and tell us why games like The Witcher 3 can't be better - because it will have a lot of breathing room. Tell us why what you prefer is really the way to establish quality - and that personal taste doesn't relate to quality at all.

Oh, I get it - if we enjoy games that YOU don't personally enjoy - it's because we actually like lower quality more than higher quality, right? We just enjoy crap?

Entertain us, please :)

200 hours and not 1 fetch quest! I'll believe that when I play it.

I believe CDProjekt count the time it takes to travel between places and exploration in that 200 hours. The game is about 3x Skyrim in term of map size.

Not a single fetch quest in 200+ hours game is like saying we'll make 10 seasons of fantasy TV show, 22 episodes per season and without groundhog day episode.

There will be at least one.
Annoying or done well, we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom