Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Alpha 0.5 Release

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Warhorse Studios inform us of the availability of the 0.5 Alpha of Kingdom Come: Deliverance, which contains the following new features:

New features include:

• Crime system: Stealing or attacking people will have consequences, the population will behave accordingly. If you are seen committing a crime, multiple options are available, from negotiating your way out, going to jail or even resisting the arrest by fighting against the authorities.
  • Multiple enemies: Fighting will get even more dangerous and challenging, thanks to new AI improvements. Every opponent has now different skills and equipment. Combat feels even more realistic and deadlier.
  • Adaptive soundtrack: Addition of new proprietary sound technology adapting the soundtrack's mood based on player's actions. For instance, the game's symphonic music goes from peaceful to agitated when the player is under attack and is modifying itself depending on player's performance. The system handles all kind of situations based on actions and environments, such as exploration, theft, danger, etc.
  • RPG and survival elements: Characters, now needs to eat and sleep in order to stay healthy and survive. New horse inventory will help carry more supplies.
  • Technology upgrades and fixes: Implementation of Global illumination - a new CryEngine lighting technology improving lighting and shadows to improve the world's realism, combat and horse controls/animations improved, new dialog animations and cameras, complete GUI (graphical user interface) overhaul
This is also the latest alpha release before the beta phase.
If you like to see Daniel Vávra talk, you can see him in an upcoming Twitch session and ask him questions:

On Tuesday December the 1st, 7PM CET, we will host a live stream of the latest update of Kingdom Come: Deliverance on our Twitch Channel: www.twitch.tv/warhorsestudios. Everyone interested in Q&A with Daniel Vávra, please visit our forum to send your questions.
And there is also a video thanking all the backers of the game.

More information.

hmm, I hope we can turn off the survival features. I'm not a fan of that stuff unless unless it's the only way to regain health.

I'm hopeful that it will be a very good modding platform, and we'll be able to play around with survival gameplay, etc. They said:

Our game will support modding. We plan to release most if not all of our game making tools and to actively support modding community.

I'm hoping it might be a good target for large quest mods, or total conversations, with far superior tech than Bethesda.

Im with Ripper on this one. But I'm quite sceptical at this point.

It's just that when I see a lovely tower like this:

KC_Deliverance_City_3.jpg

I feel it should have a wizard modded into it.

I must say that much of the design and lighting are superb. The forest looks so real, I can almost smell the leaves. This is very much how I would like my RPG forests.

And a much longer one showing more progress. Still rough in some aspects, but quite amazing in others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom