DRM?

Zerotown

Watchdog
Yesterday I took the plunge and bought the game on GamersGate. I like it so far, though I have a question regarding DRM:

Upon installing the game asked me to enter a keycode. Once I did this, it told me I had activated my game and now had two activations left. This surprised me somewhat: I didn't read about any DRM before, and wonder if it was present in the 1.0 version GG offered before. Also: besides the fact that I'm not a big fan of DRM to begin with, I find the limit of three activations extremely low. Not really happy about this :(

Yeah, I was just hit by this as well. Gamersgate did list Starforce DRM but it did not mention activation limits.

It says you can deactivate the computer it is installed on, but as we all know planning to do that can often be a hassle or impossible, depending on a reformat or loss of HDD. In any case limited installs (and DRM in general) is always a bad thing.

I did a quick check for a crack but didn't find anything. I don't know how lenient this forum is about such things but I bought the game and would enjoy hearing about a crack for version 1.1 to preserve the longevity of this software.

Back
Top Bottom