Which game for console (XBox360) ?

Nukester

Sentinel
Im going to get one of these games for my Xbox360, but Im completely torn as to which to get. Help Me. My rig wont handle any of them and I want to get another game for my whoafully small Xbox360 collection

Divinity II - DKS - I see that this is now $17.99 at Gamestop which is the same price they are still selling Ego Draconis alone for. I liked Divine Divinity alot.

Two Worlds II - Also $17.99. I have TW1 for the PC but never played it because it was waaaay to sluggish for my old machine. I understand TW2 is much better. It looks really nice from what I can tell.

Sacred 2 - Also $17.99. I didnt get into Sacred 1 all that much but it was ok. Id get this only because I can play with my son at the same time on the same screen (I think)

A little background of what I like - Gothic is my favorite game, but Ive been playing CRPG's since Wizardry 1. Not much of a graphics whore, but it wouldnt hurt for the game to look nice. I am however a loot whore. I love loot. Forget the Longsword +1. I want a Most Awesomeness Longsword of Dispicable Destruction. Or stuff like that. I dont mind action since its the XBox360 ( my serious gaming is still done on my PC)

All 3 games got pretty mediocre scores on GameRankings.com but I trust this site more than all of those reviewers combined.

I want to get this tonight since my wife is out of town and I got hours to check it out

Last edited:
Forget about Sacred 2. It's more of a hack&slash Diablo clone, and I don't think that's what you're looking for.

I just recently played through DKS, and I really liked it. For the record, Gothic is also one of my favorite games, and DKS reminded me of it in a lot of ways. The music and atmosphere are very good, and it has enough stuff to appeal to loot whores. If you're really looking for a "Awesomeness Longsword of Discpicable Destruction", then DKS is perfect for you.

I haven't played TWII, but most of the comments I've seen were more positve than negative. For those prices, you might consider buying both games.

I think Two Worlds 2 is your ticket. Open world with probably the sweetest looking loot of any game out there. The voice acting is also much improved from the first. The Dragon Knight Saga has the best writing and story of the three, and also has some pretty nice looking loot - the fact that you liked Divine Divinity is also a positive for DKS. Sacred 2 probably has the most overall content as well as some epic loot, but it is the most stale of the three by a substantial margin and the action is not quite as entertaining. I would rank them Two Worlds 2, DKS, Sacred 2 for you. I probably would rate DKS as a slightly better game than Two World 2 myself, but it's pretty close, and DKS is slightly more confined than 2W2.

Oh, and for the record, I have played Sacred 2 co-op on a single screen and thought it didn't work very well, so I wouldn't get it for the co-op. It would have worked better if you were given split screens, but maybe that was just too much resource consumption for the 360.

Thanks guys. I was running out of time, so I decided on Divinity II - DSK. I figured it was pretty much 2 games for the price of 1 (same price as Divinity II - ED alone), it was the better scored game from "reviewers", the gang here seems to like it, the gang over at the Codex seems to like it alot, and there was only one copy of it left as opposed to 3 copies of the other games. It even came with the bonus CD with the soundtrack. I bought it used so I didnt even expect a manual (which I got) let alone the soundtrack. Im sure Ill pick up Two Worlds 2 in good time (and probably skip Sacred 2) but I could only do one right now

Good choice Nukester ;) I've played Ego Draconis on Xbox360 too when it was working :p a very enjoying game with some of the better dialogues I've seen in a long time (you'll know what I mean).
Then if you want you can pick up both Two Worlds - 1 & 2, the second is a bit better, but even the first is enough enjoyable.
Forget Sacred 2 as JDR has stated, too much hack and slash with total lack of story: it reminded me doing WoW quest, but in offline mode.
Also there's Risen if you haven't played it, but I'll suggest to play the PC version, 'cause of much better graphics and control.
And one more advice: when you get tired of this, and you want something more challenging, try Dark Souls...

I'd like to offer up a fourth game called Red Dead Redemption. That's a console only game, but it is the best console only game I have in my collection.

If you really must choose between those three then Divinity 2 DKS is the best out of those choices.

Altough it's not an ARPG, I'll quote Skavenhorde: if you haven't played it yet, RDR is a VERY good game imho.

Red Dead Redemption is most definitely on my get list. Ive wanted that one for a long time, but I normally dont buy console games until the price comes way way down, and RDR is still listed at $29.99 used. I will most likely pick up it on the next price drop or two.

Last edited:
Now that I remember, by the end of the month it'll come out RDR GOTY edition, with all expansions including the zombie one which I really want to play.
Sooner or later I'll have to visit John Marston again...

Yeah Gamestop kind of got me on that with Borderlands. I picked it up for the 360 for $19.99 I think it was. About a week later Gamestop ran some kind of special promotion on a ton of games, and was selling Borderlands and all of its expansion for $19.99. Now I think the price is back up on that one

Ball_Breaker you haven't played Undead Nightmare? It's one of the best expasnions I've seen on a console…..granted I don't normally buy expansions on there, but still. IT changed the whole game. All the areas were still there, but everything was different…..you just have to play to see and you'll be stuck in that game for days.

Nukester 29.99 is a very good bargain considering you will not have to play another game for at least a month. I didn't. I stuck with that thing during my summer vacation and what surprised me the most is that I never got bored. Normally 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through I'll get bored and borequit. Not so with RDR. Then the Undead Nightmare went live and bam I had even more days and days of playing. Loved every minute of that game.

Still, if you really can't then D II DKS will also keep you enthralled for quite awhile. If the dragon scenes annoy you then just do them as fast as you can. They aren't that hard until the later levels and they are a little fun once you get used to them.

@skavenhorde: actually I've finished it much before the release of the DLCs, and unfortunately my Xbox360 got broken a bit later. Now that I got a PS3 I've decided to buy the GOTY edition so that I can play it :).
Regarding Ego Draconis, I think that the dragon parts are quite good, it reminded me a lot of Space Invaders but with 3d graphics... Also they aren't so long, so there's no excuse to not enjoying them! Just joking of course...

$20 is still too much for Borderlands imo. :)

I agree with Ball_Breaker about the dragon sections in DKS. I liked them as well, and I thought they were a nice change of pace.

I'm still waing for RDR to be released for PC, although I realize that's highly unlikely to happen. I hated trying to aim with the PS3 dualshock controller.

$20 is still too much for Borderlands imo. :)

I'm still waing for RDR to be released for PC, although I realize that's highly unlikely to happen. I hated trying to aim with the PS3 dualshock controller.

Felt the same way although I enjoyed the game. Need to go back and do the 'secret ending' sometime I hear so much about.

Sacred 2 was also a lot of fun for a console hack and slash. Definitely a deeper game with more RPG aspects than Diablo, but still hack and slash. Great for a console game I thought.

@JDR: I really want RDR on pc too, but unfortunately that's not going to happen, as Rockstar has declared. Oh well, we have the console, right?

@Ford Taurus: yeah, for a console it's not so bad, considering it's the only Diablo clone that's really free roaming... The problem is its lack of central plot for me: I mean, you start doing quests in an area, and when you've leveled up to a certain point, then you can move on. That's why I've compared it to WoW leveling.
I still prefer Sacred 1, especially for the classes (Dampire or what it is), but I'm not a fan of hack and slash anymore, at least not as Diablo clones...

I thought Sacred 2 for Xbox was TERRIBLE. Extremely repetitive. Very buggy. I had two different bosses get stuck on the landscape and simply stop attacking... they froze up and just sat there. Bad "humorous" lines that the main character says over and over. I really hated the game.

Back
Top Bottom