Alpha Protocol footage on Qore

pnutz

Watcher
Someone posted the Alpha Protocol segment from Qore on youtube. The animations seem a bit uneven, some really polished and others choppy. There's a The video is short on the RPG-ness of the title in general, but there hasn't been much in-game footage so here ya go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFQ8masslQs

Saw this on GameBanshee before I saw it here.

Chris Avellone mentions he prefers a stealth archetype, so hopefully that goes well. I tend to agree - not so big on Bond or Bauer but Bourne is OK.

I have to say it looks pretty bad, it might be obsidians last title.

Not Impressed,but maybe I'll try the demo once it's out.

Who's that Jack Bauer?The guy from 24?

What don't you like about it?

I did not see anything to like, especially not in the demo, it looks like they are trying to make an action game, and paste on some RPG elements, the dialogue looks more cheesy than a cheap james bond copy, and the fighting looks ridiculess, at least from the demo. Hopefully I am wrong but I don't have much hope about this one.

I love the idea of an agent RPG, and agent games could be both exciting and fun as NOLF proves ( one of my favourite series of all time ), but this just look like a failed mix of RPG and action agent game.

Funny, my impression was almost exactly the opposite -- lively, varied, and visceral Deus Ex-style gameplay, well-written dialog, interesting areas. Go figure...

hahaha LOL, ok touché this has never happend before hahaha.

Kind of amusing, let us wait and see until the final product is out, and one of us will probably restate an opinion.

Yeah, I'm with Prime Junta. Clearly, action is a cornerstone of the title but I got a definite Deus Ex vibe and liked the varied locations and amped-up scripted events. There are a few awkward animations - so many studios seem to find it hard to get the protagonist to run properly - but that won't spoil it for me (I hope).

I don't see how anyone could say it looks "bad".

Definitely a lot of potential here, the footage made me think of Deus Ex and VtM:Bloodlines.

Kind of amusing, let us wait and see until the final product is out, and one of us will probably restate an opinion.
Might well be, but as you absoplutely hate some of my favorite games, there's still some hope left ;).

That said, we will see what Obsidian will deliver. They have good ideas, but the end product usually lacks polish.

I'm with GG here. It looks pretty awful in my opinion. At least if the PC port is going to remain largely unchanged (this was console footage, right?)
In this current shape as shown in the trailer it looks to me like a cheap Gears of War clone with a bit of RPG-lite tacked on.
If they port this interface, these controls and the cover system (that is an obvious ripoff of GoW) to the PC, unchanged, and then if you add the dated graphics and horrible animation that we've seen in this movie, well, you'd need one hell of a good story and dialogue to make up for the consolitis and the technical shortcomings.

If it would be marketed as an "Action-RPG", then fewer people would look for a story.

Back
Top Bottom