RIP Christopher Hitchens

Adaptation requires modification.
Something that can be modified can also be called flexible.

The word "require" in the same time is the opposite of flexible.

But I'm not trying to play a semantics game, I'm asking you a serious question. Or am I going to have to resort to mom jokes again?

I was very serious when I used the word "adaptation" and I am still serious when I say that there's nothing flexible about it and I could argue the direct opposite.

I am going to have to use your mom jokes.

I was very serious when I used the word "adaptation" and I am still serious when I say that there's nothing flexible about it and I could argue the direct opposite.

The word require and the word flexible aren't opposites:
For something to require flexibility is not contradictory, it's merely rigid in one respect and flexible in another.

Require and flexible are opposites:
In the way that something cannot be called both true and false or existent and non-existent.

Require and flexible are both opposite and not opposite,
Require and flexible are neither opposite nor not-opposite:
Something flexible doesn't require a particular form.
Something rigid requires that the form not be flexible.
But we can't talk about either without implying the other.

And that's how reality works. Big deal. That bullshit aside, you've made no effort to actually support the assertion that Hitchens was a deeply moral man, you've just been offensive. I didn't question the seriousness of your statement. I just asked you to, you know, contribute to the discussion rather than trying clumsily to quash it by insulting other people.

Gibberish. Semantic content = zero. Makes sense. You're an admirer of a slurring, disheveled drunkard like Hitchens. They cut off his mike more than once when he started to babble. We're all supposed to think severe alcoholism and self-loathing lends itself to profound insight.

Adolescent juvenalia. Hitchens was toasted by pretentious, insecure people everywhere.

Deep underground in a massive fortified complex be
Back
Top Bottom