Age of Decadence - Steam Key Giveaway

Thanks! This will be very interesting. I tried the demo back when it first became available and the game felt pretty rough back then (think it might have been early 2014 or was it as far back as 2013?) so I'm very psyched to see how much progress have been made!

Yes I remember it way back, this game has been a long time coming. I read about it long time ago - pretty sure farther than 2013... might be on RPG Codex still.

Nothing is really random. And throwing dice multiple times is not for me :D

Also, I don't have a 20-sided die … Never actually played a PnP game.

I'm only joking - I'm sure psuedo-random numbers are fine for this.

Whether or not anything is truly random depends on whether you believe the universe is deterministic or not. There's a good article here, if you're interested. https://www.random.org/randomness/

They've also got a true random list generator on that site, that is often used for this purpose. When the stakes are really high, pseudo-random numbers definitely aren't acceptable.

I'm only joking - I'm sure psuedo-random numbers are fine for this.

Whether or not anything is truly random depends on whether you believe the universe is deterministic or not. There's a good article here, if you're interested. https://www.random.org/randomness/

They've also got a true random list generator on that site, that is often used for this purpose. When the stakes are really high, pseudo-random numbers definitely aren't acceptable.

I realised this morning that RANDBETWEEN is probably not the right of doing this though as some people may get the same number :D

I will figure another way if I have to or if people get the same number I would then just assign them new random numbers :)

You could just number the entrants counting up from 1. Then go here, and enter the total number of entrants: https://www.random.org/sequences/

Hit 'get sequence', and whichever number comes first is the winner. The universe has decided!

Or you could just write all the names down on little tickets and place them in a container. Then shake it up real good and pick one of the tickets out.

If the ticket says "JDR13" then you did it correctly.

If not, repeat the previous steps until you get the correct result.

Or you could just write all the names down on little tickets and place them in a container. Then shake it up real good and pick one of the tickets out.

If the ticket says "JDR13" then you did it correctly.

If not, repeat the previous steps until you get the correct result.

Yup, this makes the most sense …

I think I'm disqualifying you for having too many posts :D

Edit: JDR, I just checked your response actually.
You failed one of the questions. Several people have actually on that question...

Last edited:
Thanks for the chance to win Pladio.

Are u a robot? hmm…

I think u got me with this one :p

Thank you Pladio!

I don't need a Steam key, but it's great of you guys to put this on!

I think I took the first hurdle, so the rest of my answers should be correct. Whether I win the game here or not, I think this will be a great RPG in the true sense and I fully intend to get it and play anyway!
Good job guys!

I entered but only guessed the answers. I never win any of these give-aways so thought that I will have the same chance to win, even if I guess :lol:

Back
Top Bottom