Unofficial patch 1.3 released!

Wesp5

Unofficial Patcher
The latest version 1.3 of the Unofficial Patch was released on The Patches Scrolls:

http://www.patches-scrolls.de/precursors.php#tp13

It was renamed from Unofficial English Translation Patch to Unofficial Patch because it works on both Russian and English versions of the game. In fact it is planned that the next official patch for the English version from GFI will be based on it, so please report any critical issues, mission bugs or other suggestions. It was tested in space and on the first two planets (Goldin and Sunax), but the other four planets need still to be done…

Changelog:

v1.3 04.02.2011
——
Included English cutscene voice-overs, thanks jorgamesh and badmofo.
Corrected BKK drinker, Darkon race organizer and Norman quest bugs.
Added Postprocess folder to avoid ATI flickering, thanks sq_paradox.
Fixed merchants interaction window bugs and some money check typos.
Removed 5th ship engine and added flashlight, binoculars, smartlink.
Swapped HUD drug and medicine addictions and fixed perk conditions.
Fixed cargo merchants exploit and unlocked belongings box at prison.
Added infos for non-definable controls to appropriate help windows.
Corrected loading and menu videos that slowed loading and menu down.
Continued improving translation, names and similar inconsistencies.
Fixed Ridinger bandit faction change and improved the BBK mediators.
Merged with 1.1 patch and enhanced the phrasing, thanks to badmofo.
Changed Soothsayer quest line and fixed damaged ship mission issues.
Restored some unused music pieces when in space, thanks to player1.

Last edited:
Thank you again Wesp5 :)

In fact it is planned that the next official patch for the English version from GFI will be based on it...

What's this about? Did I miss something?

I think I already reported in Space Sim Central, that sound overrides don't work properly if distributed with rar or zip. It must be 7-zip to prevent crashes on start of the game.

I think I already reported in Space Sim Central, that sound overrides don't work properly if distributed with rar or zip. It must be 7-zip to prevent crashes on start of the game.

Okay, I uploaded the patch temporarily to FileFront, this time compressed as 7-zip. Does this work for all of you having the sound issue?

Update: Use the updated installer version postet later in this thread.

Last edited:
^Well, I guess you share same time zone as Wesp5, if that worked. :biggrin:

^Well, I guess you share same time zone as Wesp5, if that worked. :biggrin:

I have now created an installer. Can someone of you with the crash please verify as fast as possible if this one is working, so I could try to update the file on The Patches Scrolls?

Update: Use the updated installer version postet later in this thread.

Last edited:
This installer does not work with my version. It gives me this error for resource.qrc
Movefile Failed: Code 183

Cannot create file when that file already exists

Also first version in zip file is working for me. I am in Central European time zone.

My mistake. It installs flawlessly now. One thing I noticed (not sure if related with this patch) Russian voiceovers are very quiet, I can hardly hear them. Cutscenes with English voice are loud enough.

Also you should put your logo with version number on game setup screen like in White Gold.

Also you should put your logo with version number on game setup screen like in White Gold.

You mean the "Translation by Wesp5"? I just removed that because it's more than a translation now.

Is just fixes or is the guy actually modding the game too like in Vampire changing gameplay.

Is just fixes or is the guy actually modding the game too like in Vampire changing gameplay.

The borders between fixing and modding are narrow, so you'll have to check the readme yourself to see what has been changed. There are things that may be ambivalent especially when it comes to restoring unused content. At the moment I would only consider the mediators in the BBK to be in this area, but after all what would Deep Shadows have intended with representatives of the Empire and Democratic Union there, when you look at the way the handle this in their other games?

Last edited:
Perhaps just put "unofficial patch and version number" so everyone can be sure which version is installed.

Changing the loading screen for each new version would be too much work and I don't see where I could put the info in elsewhere. Just look at the patch readme in your game folder and you know which version you are playing :)!

Are you taking bug reports Wesp? The two big ones I saw were

1) when people on stations would take my money to fix my armor but it would not be fixed.

Maybe spoliery...

2) On the forest planet, I started out with the bird people, doing their plotline. When I was walking back to their tree, a cutscene triggered where I sabotaged their incubator pods in a patricularly entertaining way... but it was a complete surprise - I expect it was the final mission for the other faction on the planet, but I hadn't accepted any quests from them. I did try landing at their spaceport once, which maybe set a flag somewhere...

1) when people on stations would take my money to fix my armor but it would not be fixed.

I noticed this too, on Imperial stations, after accepting mission that later results in attack on space station.

I didn't see any attacks on stations - my space career was pretty unsuccessful in fact :) So I think it could have been triggered by something else...

Back
Top Bottom