The Witcher - Enhanced Edition Live!

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You can now download The Witcher: Enhanced Edition patch! CD Projekt has a simple illustrated guide to the process - although the actual file link goes to a Polish site, which might be a bit disorienting. Hit the big yellow-ish button, then again on the second page, then wait for the 10 seconds for the fle download to appear. We'll update as mirrors pop up.
More information.

Yeah, both the language pack and the upgrade have dropped out for me a few times now. Guess I'll have to wait for the heavy traffic to die down or something.

I don't understand why some forum members were complaining about The Witcher:EE being full price when the upgrade is free anyways...

Everyone loves to complain :)

At least they aren't complaining about having to register to download the upgrade. Over at the codex some of them are seriously mad about that. What's so horrendous about registering?

I don't really have a problem with registering, although this -
EE Install FAQ said:
Q: Do I have to install the patch on the same computer I used to activate the game?

A: Yes, you must install the patch on the same computer you used to activate the game because the verification process must be able to reference the necessary registry entries.
- I don't like. Hope the internet activation thing doesn't apply to the boxed copy of the EE. Have you tried installing yours yet Prime Junta?

Wow, this isn't even close. I have yet to hit 5 meg out of the 909 megabyte download! The language pack bailed after just 1 meg.

Sorry for asking a stupid question, but I haven't been following anything Witcher-related since I finished playing. Is the EE a full-purchase for everyone? Or is it a free upgrade if you already own the game?

@JDR13 may have answered that question above, but I wasn't certain.

Thanks, and I completely don't blame any of you for mocking me (lord knows there are plenty of reasons to do so).

I don't really have a problem with registering, although this -

- I don't like. Hope the internet activation thing doesn't apply to the boxed copy of the EE. Have you tried installing yours yet Prime Junta?

Yup, I did. Played through the intro and whacked some barghests. Playing it with the Polish dialog and English subtitles. It hasn't asked me to activate, nor has it asked for the serial number. Haven't noticed anything really different thus far, but then I've barely started.

@rbtroj Don't worry about saying or asking anything stupid. I do it all the time and they haven't kicked me out yet ;)

It's a free download. It's pretty big and I think everyone and their mother is trying to download it right now, so you might get kicked off if you try now. But it's as simple as clicking on the link that Dhruin posted and following the directions to download it.

Yay, now I have something to do! next summer :(

Downloaded the patch from the file shack thru the public European server @700KB/s.

Remember you need the main patch (about 900 meg) and the language patch! That means you get to stand in line twice at FileShack. There's also bonus content and two new adventures to download. And the "inspired by Witcher" music.

BTW, if you do enjoy the game's music, it's all in the game directory in OGG format. Lots of programs can play that, including IrfanView. I wonder if there's anything that can view the movies?

Depends on the format of the movies.

What extensions have the files ?

Back
Top Bottom