HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Original Sin 2 Donor
TrueAchievements has reviewed Banner Saga 2:

[...]

Summary

The Banner Saga 2 presents a story that defies the middle episode syndrome, building on the rich lore and expanding its world in new and interesting ways to give players a wholly interesting narrative experience. It comments smartly on the role of a leader and what such a position requires, while trying to beat those leaders into submission. It's a story of great scale and turmoil presented alongside a gameplay loop that does everything that it wants to do very well. It just so happens that what it wants to do is nearly identical to what it did last time. If you're returning to Stoic's Saga then it's more of what you enjoyed, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. If you're a fan of the genre and new to the series, The Banner Saga 2 is absolutely worth your time, just make time for its predecessor first.

Score: 4/5

Positives:
  • Excellent storytelling
  • Stunning visuals
  • Sophisticated musical score
  • Solid tactical gameplay

Negatives:
  • Fails to build on its formula in any meaningful way
More information.

I mostly played it for the story. I found the combat in bs 1 fine; and the changes in bs 2 non event. I.e, if you liked bs 1 you should like bs 2 but if you did not like bs 1 you won't like bs 2.
-
The worse thing about bs 2 is waiting another 2 or 3 years for bs 3 and story conclusion.
-
I will say that one concern I have is the story is getting a little wacky.

Back
Top Bottom