Help with purchase of laptop speakers

Pladio

Guardian of Nonsense
Staff Member
Original Sin Donor
Hello,

I am looking to buy laptop speakers.
I don't want a surround system, either a 2 speaker setup or 2 speakers and a subwoofer.
I don't think I want to spend anything above 50£ and I'm wondering what you could suggest ?

Logitech has very good speakers. I have the Z-2300 (and also a creative/soundworks DTT3500). I think for a laptop the 2.1 setup is overkill and not handy. I'd purchase a 2 box setup that you can easily take around with you. I don't know for sure, but I believe that those specially for notebook designed speakers don't need extra powercords. The V20 seems as a reasonable quality speaker and costs about the price you're aiming for at the logitech site.

The logitech site is mostly more expensive then a store, but I don't see this device at forcom. I saw another one for less then half the price on the logitech site: the audio hub costs €39,50 (99 on the logitech site). The downpart is that you'll need an extra powercord

I have Creative GigaWorks T20's, and they're incredibly good for the money and the form factor. They sound way better than any 2.1 or 5.1 system of comparable price.

The main limitation is that the sound field is very small -- they sound great if you sit at your computer, but pretty tinny from across the room. They're also very nicely built, the connectors and switches are great, and look quite good too.

Back
Top Bottom