Wasteland 2 - Director's Cut Released

I stopped playing because the loot was lame for the amount of combat that it took to get it. If there is less loot, that is less reason to play for me. I love exploring and finding hidden loot that is more powerful than the stuff lying around.

Funny - I reinstalld on PC last night, then went to reinstall on Mac this morning and saw the download was 19GB ... is that true? I only have ~45GB free on that system (Macbook Air) so I'm not sure I want to use that much space, especially since I'll mostly play on PC anyway.

I stopped playing because the loot was lame for the amount of combat that it took to get it. If there is less loot, that is less reason to play for me. I love exploring and finding hidden loot that is more powerful than the stuff lying around.

It's... a wasteland. You're expecting Fort Knox? :p

You still dont get it after hundreds posted on the forums lol. WE DONT WANT BIGGER ZOOM OUT, WE WANT THE ANGLE NOT TO CHANGE WHEN WE ZOOM OUT.

Anyway, this is shelved now, its unplayable for me, only hope is for an unofficial patch like the original game had.

Yeah, that could be a problem. For me, zoom angle change was pretty much the worst feature of DA:O and DA2.

These improvements seem like nice enhancements to an already good game :) It is an extra reason to replay it in about a year or so.

You still dont get it after hundreds posted on the forums lol. WE DONT WANT BIGGER ZOOM OUT, WE WANT THE ANGLE NOT TO CHANGE WHEN WE ZOOM OUT.

I had thought this was fairly clear from the forum ruckus. I guess not quite clear enough. I've shelved it as well for the time being.

Funny - I reinstalld on PC last night, then went to reinstall on Mac this morning and saw the download was 19GB … is that true? I only have ~45GB free on that system (Macbook Air) so I'm not sure I want to use that much space, especially since I'll mostly play on PC anyway.

My Steam library is showing the DC version to be a 15GB download. Oddly enough, the original version is significantly larger at 19.5GB.

I was also a little surprised to see the original version remaining as a separate game in my library.

My Steam library is showing the DC version to be a 15GB download. Oddly enough, the original version is significantly larger at 19.5GB.

I was also a little surprised to see the original version remaining as a separate game in my library.

Ah thanks - I didn't look specifically for the DC on the Mac ... now wondering if it is released for Mac yet? Have to check at home later.

So..When it was in beta testing, the forum (beta testers) didn't complained about the "new" zoom, is that it?

The new dialog text font helps if you want to have eye cancer.
The added voice acting. Mrs. Deth has two voices and one voice coming from one speaker only, sounds a bit weird. But no problem.
The font is a problem for a text heavy game. No matter if you choose different sizes. Too thin, too blurred.

The new dialog text font helps if you want to have eye cancer.
The added voice acting. Mrs. Deth has two voices and one voice coming from one speaker only, sounds a bit weird. But no problem.
The font is a problem for a text heavy game. No matter if you choose different sizes. Too thin, too blurred.
Sean Bergin in Highpool also has new VO that only comes from right speaker...

Yes, I noticed the same thing. That is one of my major complaints, the font is too faint, they didn't choose great colors with that interface regarding the text box. I wish we could have options to change the background and font color, to make it better and more readable. Perhaps an option to change the boldness of the font as well. *shrug* That said, this is probably something a good mod could fix.

And yea, the camera is a little hard to get a hold of, it's awkward to use in practice. I will say that. The camera seems like I have to wrestle with it a lot of the time. I shouldn't have to manually adjust the camera totally just to see what my characters are now facing, when they turn a different direction, the camera should be more helpful, and do some of the work on its own.

All that said, I am very, very impressed after loading up this game for the first time the other day, and messing around with it for an hour or so. To me, the graphics are beautiful, just the kind of semi-realistic style I like. The atmosphere is spot-on, the dialogue, the rpg elements such as the skills, the interactivity within the world, the immersion factor, just the whole picture, really -- all of it, I think they did a superb job. Seriously, Inexile has my admiration as a rpg developer and company. And I really am looking forward to playing this, in depth, and getting into this game fully when I have some major time off.

Last edited:
Why does it makes a vaccuuming sound every time I right click for my party to go somewhere? It's so unbelievably annoying.

Did they made any changes to the models? Seen a few videos and looked quite a bit outdated...it's a small thing, but I have a fetish for running around as a half naked chick in post apocalyptic setting.
Hang around too many Bethesda fanboys, and that's what happens. :p

Back
Top Bottom