X3: Terran Conflict

Sounds like you need to be making more crystals! My "crystal palace" complex was just south of the Power Circle specifically so I could have transporters pop back and forth buying energy. Once the mission completed, I capped the complex off with some power plants.

I haven't finished New Home. I got to the step where you pay for the sector and just left it there.

Yeah, I may turn off the power plants, and just buy energy to speed up crystal output.I have 7 crystal fabs in one complex and 6 in another. Most of the crystal output is going to the SPPs.

To finish New Home, all you need to do is visit the bought sector.

It would, but I'm not about to buy that sector. That's WAY too much money! Typical Teladi - tell you that you've won a major award then charge you through the nose to claim it. I shudder to think what must have happened when that culture first created an internet.

Yep, turning off those SPPs did the trick. I was able to produce enough crystals to get the balance needed to less than 100K. Both complexes are going through energy cells like crazy. My cash is getting eaten up. Even with 6 CAGs servicing each of the complexes, the energy balance is just barely keeping up. I think I need to set the jump distances to 10, since I've had to bump EC buying prices up to 13 or 14.

I've also set up two TS's as mobile miners for silicon in Ore Belt.

Started the Aldrin Plot. It took all evening to re-explore Aldrin with the new Orbital Accelerators and new/vanished factories. It REALLY needs jump gates. ;)

So, I grabbed TC & Albion Prelude pack yesterday and got myself a saitek X52 today since I realized my previous joystick had died in a box when we moved. I played Reunion...I think 4 or 5 years ago and loved it.

Honestly didn't remember much about how to play the game except that it wasn't newbie friendly but that it was worth the time. Damn, I think they changed the in game interface too? My head hurts just from trying to config the controls to the joystick properly and from trying to relearn what to do here and there.

Any starting advices? I'm not asking for a guide but maybe just a quick few things To do or Not to do :).

Yeah, the old interface was pretty much keyboard only, no menus.

Suggestions? Hmmm, don't start as a Terran. Don't go into Terran space until you have a docking computer. The stations are majestic but it takes a looong time to park at one.

Albion Prelude will have some spoilers in it if you play it too early.

So you suggest I play terran conflict first? Though, unless I'm mistaken you need to start over with a new character onces you want to play Albion Prelude, right? Im debating if I should start right away with that.

I am thinking of jumping in with that War Pack deal at steam. Any mods recommended for newbies ? DDTC i.e sounds interesting but I wondered if it screwed with game balance too much or anything…

Are the graphical improvements mentioned in Albion incorporated to the main game. Any graphics mods out there ?

Edit: Oops Albion is an expansion and not and stand alone so the answer for the graphical settings is obvious… Must have mixed that up with Sins rebellion or something :) a bit confused though can someone confirm ?

Last edited:
I think most of what is in Albion is in TC from what I understood, but I can't confirm it for you. One thing I can suggest if you have an account on GamersGate, is to buy the game from there.

The game requires steamworks, so what I do is buy the games on gamersgate, and then use the product key to activate it on steam. Why go the trouble? Often gamersgate will have promotions on the same things as steam, but anything you buy on GG gives you 5% back in blue coins. Blue coins are a sort of reward points you can then use to buy other games with on GG.

So I get to use steam for the simplicity of having all games under a single library and then get a bonus 5% off.

One thing I can suggest if you have an account on GamersGate, is to buy the game from there.

Thanks for the suggestion Galaad but I don't have a GamersGate account and this will probably be a steam summer sale purchase anyway, it seems (as Kings bounty turned out to be, quite a meaty=my kind of game)… A mid summer purchase at any rate I think...

OT: Hmm, as I am injecting some long absent space in my library (and am slowly going into a strategy phase it seems) I might as well chuck Rebellion in my backlog then too :)

Right, although keep in mind that Gamersgate will often match the steam prices :p and that the game is activated on Steam so you have to use it with steam anyway. Its just that you get an additional 5% back in some ways. So even if you don't have an account it might be worthwhile to make one, its free anyway.

I'll keep that in mind, thanks. No other third party client crap or anything there I hope ?
Edit: Hmm, they do seem to have their own thing so I would probably only consider them for steamworks games as you suggested anyways. We'll see…

Although I must admit that being client free does speak in their favor… I just don't need another distributor right now in addition to steam…

Last edited:
I have the X-SuperBox on Steam, but I've never really played any of them other than to try them. I put a few hours into X-Beyond the Frontier, and I liked it a lot. Can't remember why I didn't keep playing, but it probably had something to do with the massive backlog of games I always seem to have.

Anyone here ever play X-BtF?

I tried starting as the broke assassin start, not sure the exact name and quickly switched back to humble merchant :p. Though I think i went about it slightly differently than some of you have. Sold the trading ship and kept the small scout ship and went on to do some contracted killing. Loving it, but I need some accuracy practice :p.

JonNik, I mostly only buy games on GG that say they require steamworks as drm, so I can then just use steam.

You are correct. I'm thinking of Xtension(?) maybe. I've being playing video games since Pacman and am suffering from gamer's senility. All these games bleed into one after a while. The nurse will be along in a while with my LCD handheld version of Frogger.

Wow, lots of posts!

Albion Prelude is just a "bridge" between X3: Terran Conflict and soonish-to-be-released X: Rebirth. It's meant for people who have already played through much of X3: Terran Conflict. TC isn't exactly the greatest story ever told but AP can spoil what story there is in TC. AP is pretty short, too. I finished it in just 40 hours.

The only mod I would worry about at the start is the bonus pack. You can find it on Egosoft's webpage. Even that won't be needed until you've spent several hours in the game.

DDTC is pretty cool but definitely NOT intended for a first play-through. You might think about it as a second play-through, though. If you copy Steam directories and Egosoft's save directories then it's pretty easy to switch between the vanilla game and DDTC. I would give the normal game some hours first, though, so you can see the game as it is intended to be before you go flying around in Narn heavy cruiser with a bunch of Cylon fighters docked inside.

Back
Top Bottom