The Things That Excited You

Hi everyone I haven't been participating in the thread I started because my wife suffered a serious injury and is in the ICU of our local hospital. All of you who believe in a higher power we can really use the prayers.

How horrible :(

I don't believe in anything as such - but I'll gladly say a prayer for her anyway.

My best to both of you!

Indeed. Hope everything turns out well, Mad.

Good luck !

Gee, how terrible ... I hope everything turns out well. All the best to the both of you!

Hi everyone I haven't been participating in the thread I started because my wife suffered a serious injury and is in the ICU of our local hospital. All of you who believe in a higher power we can really use the prayers.

Done! Please keep us aprised as you can, TMG.

I hope your other half gets all the care she needs and is well again soon Mad Gamer.

Called the hotline direct, hope it helps. All the best.

we are 'out of the woods' thank you all for the kind words its been a stressful 3 days but fairly certain the worst is behind us.

On Monday my wife was at a furniture store. She was on her way out when she collapsed. She hit pavement face first breaking her nose, fracturing 4 bones on the right side of her face, lacerated her lip and eye lid, and broke her left front tooth in half.

She was in the local hospital's ICU for 2.5 days spending another .5 days in a general ward.

The good news is that all the big bad things that can cause a person to faint like brain tumors, heart disease, cancer, and other assortments of scary things have been ruled out.

The bad news is that we will probably never know what caused this in the first place - unless it happens again and is chronic. But we have been reassured that the probability of recurrence is low.

Today a dentist was able to successfully reattach her broken tooth. Her facial fractures are not severe and will heal on their own. Her nose has been set and is in a cast right now. Her eye looks like something out of a Rocky movie but will heal by itself over time and her vision remains fine.

But on Monday I knew none of this and her condition seemed so dire. At first I was convinced she had been attacked by someone. I haven't had a scary 3 days like this in a long loooooong time. Thank you all so much for the kind words, they were actually comforting even from people on a message board I've never met.

The tragedy here is I derailed my own thread. I never would have imagined such a day… (kidding, just a little humor as I come down off this horrible anti-high I've been on).

Super news! In an attempt to get your mind off your troubles:

The most excited I can remember ever being about a gaming moment was when I exited the boat into Seyda Neen in Morrowind. I couldn't believe that graphics could be that realistic ;) Why that Silt Strider looked just like I imagined they would look.

Part of the reason for this excitement was that I had been on the Dalnet #morrowind channel talking to the devs for probably over a year. Pete Hines (wakef), Steve Meister (MrSmileyFaceDude), Maverick, his wife Christiane, GodFadDa42, Wormgod, etc. The devs were online constantly giving us updates and keeping us in the loop. It is sad that the massive success of Morrowind, killed the one on one relationships that Bethesda used to have with its fans.

The bad news is that we will probably never know what caused this in the first place - unless it happens again and is chronic. But we have been reassured that the probability of recurrence is low.

An uncle of mine had a similar accident months ago. He told us that his collapse was likely due to several drugs/medicaments he had to use at this time, and they … what's the word ? … gave unwanted side-results.

So please check if she had to use medicine, too.

Anyway, I'm glad that things are much better now ! :)

On Monday my wife was at a furniture store. She was on her way out when she collapsed. She hit pavement face first breaking her nose, fracturing 4 bones on the right side of her face, lacerated her lip and eye lid, and broke her left front tooth in half.

She was in the local hospital's ICU for 2.5 days spending another .5 days in a general ward.

The good news is that all the big bad things that can cause a person to faint like brain tumors, heart disease, cancer, and other assortments of scary things have been ruled out.

Today a dentist was able to successfully reattach her broken tooth. Her facial fractures are not severe and will heal on their own. Her nose has been set and is in a cast right now. Her eye looks like something out of a Rocky movie but will heal by itself over time and her vision remains fine.

But on Monday I knew none of this and her condition seemed so dire. At first I was convinced she had been attacked by someone. I haven't had a scary 3 days like this in a long loooooong time. Thank you all so much for the kind words, they were actually comforting even from people on a message board I've never met.

The tragedy here is I derailed my own thread. I never would have imagined such a day… (kidding, just a little humor as I come down off this horrible anti-high I've been on).

Good to hear she's much better!

As for the cause, has stress been ruled out? Mental stress can sneak up on you and your body can and will react if you don't pay attention. Not that I have any reason to think it's stress - I was just wondering. Other than that, it could be not eating or drinking enough - again causing your mind and body to react.

But it could be many things.

Back
Top Bottom