NWN2: Untold Tales of Tolkien - The Umbral Abyss

rjshae

Periapt vs Paronomasia
RPGWatch Donor
For those who enjoy playing custom-built Neverwinter Night 2 modules, the sequel to The Indanthrine Prince has just been posted to the nexus:

Untold Tales of Tolkien - The Umbral Abyss

Here's the description:

"Whether it was revenge or justice you served to those who attacked your home and murdered your friends and loved ones - Fairfields had been avenged. The savage Maltok was slain by your hand and the mysterious Cerulean Dawn was reduced to ashes. The price of this victory was dear. Your father-like mentor, Thorburn was lost in the daring assault and the enigmatic Indanthrine Prince fled the blazing scene. Nonetheless, a great evil had been stopped, unable to strike at those close to you again."

The long journey home from Rhun barely began before a swarm of unknown Easterlings detained your company and declared that you were to be their prisoners. You have been held captive in the Easterling city of Yahmul Balotz for the last year. Separated from your companions, you have been interrogated repeatedly about your business in their kingdom and, worryingly, the preparedness of Rhovanion for war. How much more of this can you take?"

The time for heroes has come to Rhovanion. Indeed, an Easterling King has succeeded in uniting some of the most powerful tribes for one almighty assault upon Dale, the jewel of Rhovanion. Spurred on by agents of Sauron, including the infamous Hand of Sauron himself, the situation is grim indeed. These agents erode the strength of Dale from within and the city risks losing it's head before the real battle has even begun."

But there is always hope. Allies of Dale are on the cusp of launching a grand expedition to reclaim a lost city, deep within the northern mountains, wherein there is said to be artifacts of immense power. The adventure carries great risk, for this city has a dark, horrific past. Nobody writes of the terrors that lurk in the deep umbral darkness of Middle Earth - best it stays that way."

A story driven, single player, action adventure campaign (with controllable companions) for characters who have completed The Indanthrine Prince*, progressing to level 20. The game length in excess of 40 hours.

* = Alternatively, new characters will be given the experience for12th level.

Hmm. A Tolkien based mod? How faithful is it to the lore?

I couldn't answer that since the only lore I'm familiar with is that in the Hobbit/LotR books I last read several decades ago. :)

Is the new Vault not a good place to put NWN2 mods?

It's on the new vault as well. I think most new NWN2 mods get put in both places so they have a backup.

I haven't read all of the books from the "History Of Middle-Earth" series, so I can't really say - but what I've read here sound all invented.

However, I've herard of Tolkien having begun a new story for after LOTR - and never finishing it, because he thought - that's what I read about it - that everything Middle-Earth was told with LOTR. A Saga, completed with LOTR.

Back
Top Bottom