Dragon Age - v1.01 Patch

Just don't use that exploit. Makes the combat pretty boring if you use it anyway and single player games are meant to be fun.

I agree, but just the fact that it exists is still pretty lame.

Piranha Bytes managed to script realistic reactions when you attacked an enemy from a distance in Risen, but mighty Bioware couldn't do the same thing in their AAA blockbuster of the year?

As I've stated in another post… I'll wait till this game is completely polished before I buy it.

When I saw EA logo and when I know the situation about Battlefield Heroes which is beta for 893475688734 years already… I'm not touching anything from EA before 99% users say "it's fully operational". :)

Yea, I know you'll say it's Bioware and not EA… Right. Just like Gothic 3 is PB and not JoWood. I wouldn't be very happy if this will be another bad publisher case, but… We'll see what happens with the next patch.

There really isn't any major problems with this game and at least for me never had the AI problem stated above my post. It seems like EA didn't ruin the development of this game like they have done in other games and they had plenty of QA time. (6 months extra)

I have never heard of a stat corruption bug but it did say potential so maybe no one has had it. The difficulty is good as it is so that change isn't necessary.

AI enemies not helping each other when one is attacked sounds like a bug to me. Do the console versions do it, too?

I really haven't noticed it - I have definitely had enemies break from melee to come at me (as the mage)

It only happens if you stand at extreme range and attack them with spells/missile weapons. If you move even a little closer and attack they usually charge/move to return fire range like they should.

No idea about the console version.

I play a mage and stand at the range limit and the enemies come to attack me.

I agree, but just the fact that it exists is still pretty lame.

Piranha Bytes managed to script realistic reactions when you attacked an enemy from a distance in Risen, but mighty Bioware couldn't do the same thing in their AAA blockbuster of the year?

I don't know the extent of the exploit in DA but you can do the exact same thing in Risen too. I have killed many Ghouls and one Ashbeast(!) using a crossbow at lvl 1 :)

And ghouls and ashbeasts didn't chase you all over the place?
Did we play the same game?

Dunno. I almost never managed to do that in Risen (maybe this is important - I played Risen on PC) that way. There are only two places ingame where I managed to do it. One of them is Eastern temple where an undead priest can't cross the abyss to get near you. All other places monsters are not happy when they get hit.

I played Risen on PC, and that almost never happened to me. I do remember once or twice where I was able to do that to Ghouls, but 99% of the time, if you fired a ranged weapon at an enemy, *all* the enemies around it would react.

I played Risen on PC, and that almost never happened to me. I do remember once or twice where I was able to do that to Ghouls, but 99% of the time, if you fired a ranged weapon at an enemy, *all* the enemies around it would react.

That happened more than a few times with my game. I just took out my bow and kept peppering the deformed sucker till he was dead. It only took...oh about 5 minutes ;)

It was only with ghouls though, everything else got really mad and charged just like they should. Maybe those ghouls just couldn't feel pain :D

I honestly also had more times in Risen where the two skellies together would react to my mage spells, but the other three in the area would just stand there. Haven't seen it in ~30 hours of Dragon Age.

I honestly also had more times in Risen where the two skellies together would react to my mage spells, but the other three in the area would just stand there. Haven't seen it in ~30 hours of Dragon Age.

Then they must have been standing out of range, there was *never* an instance when I fired a ranged weapon into a group of enemies in Risen and not have them react. Even enemies that were out of my visual range would react if they were close enough to the one I fired at.

Then they must have been standing out of range, there was *never* an instance when I fired a ranged weapon into a group of enemies in Risen and not have them react. Even enemies that were out of my visual range would react if they were close enough to the one I fired at.

It is as you described. Its pretty clear to me that PB "borrowed" much of the code from G2. The behaviors are identical. Proximity activation, run and pause technique to filter off individuals from the activated group. No wonder Risen came to market so quickly.

I'm not sure if the patch fixed this and it's just not in the notes or if it was just a fluke before. I could exploit this pretty consitently in Korcari wilds with my rogue edging up and picking them off with a longbow (didn't play him past the tower though).

With my current character I tried it with every encounter in the wilds and the enemy reacted like they should.

As for Risen I never could manage that but I found you can use terrain obstacles and run any melee using enemies in circles around them (like stalagmites, rocks, etc) and whack them as they get stuckish trying to come around the obstacle. It's still dangerous but sure made killing ash beasts and brontaks fairly early alot easier.

I haven't noticed such an exploit, but I don't use archers of any kind, all my ranged attacks are magical. If I attack one member of a group, the others within a reasonable range aggro as well.

This game was released in a more polished state than most games ever reach. The only issues have been with the social site.

My 'tutorial' character (that's how I call my first character in cRPGs, they're only there for me to make mistakes) was a rogue, and my main character now is a mage, both using ranged attacks, and believe me, they come for me!

Back
Top Bottom