Wizardry 6 - A Brand New Fluent Let's Play

D

Deleted User

Hey everyone!

I don't want this to come across as shameless self-promotion. That said, I simply *had* to share this Let's Play with all of you! It's thanks to all of you here at RPGWatch that I got into PC RPG gaming in the first place, and even learned that games like Wizardry VI existed! So, I'm going to do an official, epic Let's Play of Wiz 6, complete with mapping software, the manual and my handy little notepad! Sound fun? It's going to be crazy! So, I hope some of you will follow along on the ride!

Episodes will be uploaded every weekend, so you have all week to catch up on the various episodes! I've already recorded 8 (!!) episodes, and they will all go up this weekend. More to come, so sit back, relax and enjoy!!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to a *very* exciting new Let's Play I'm doing! This time, we are delving into the world of Wizardry VI: Bane of the Cosmic Forge!

I've got my graphing paper* out, I'm consulting and reading the manual, and even have a handy notepad document to keep all my notes in! So, I am very prepared to tackle this game and hope it becomes my biggest, grandest most epic Let's Play yet!

* = The awesome mapping software - Grid Cartographer - Check it out here! --- http://www.davidwaltersdevelopment.com/tools/gridcart/

Why Wizardry VI? Well, the later Wizardry games are well-represented here on YouTube, whereas this DOS classic seems to not be all over YouTube, so why not do a Fluent Let's Play of it, right?! This is going to be fun, so sit back, relax and enjoy the show!
More information.

Congratulations for the nice video, Fluent!

I hope you enjoy it. This was my 2nd CRPG and still has a very special place in my heart. It think its still very playable today if one can get by the clunky interface and very old graphics.

I hope you enjoy it. This was my 2nd CRPG and still has a very special place in my heart. It think its still very playable today if one can get by the clunky interface and very old graphics.

Thanks! :)

It's definitely still playable, as I'm already 6 hours in and have barely left the first floor of the castle! It takes some getting used to, but I don't think it's clunky or anything. Once you figure out how the game operates it works quite well with the keyboard only controls. Then again, I am able to adapt to any interface after a few hours, so that is never a big deal for me.

Anywho, thanks for the positive vibes! Long live Wizardry! :)

I don't know how you do all these let's plays. It exhausts me just thinking about it. I need a nap. :p

I don't know how you do all these let's plays. It exhausts me just thinking about it. I need a nap. :p

It's a lot of fun for me, so that helps. Also, it seems like more than it is. It's really only 30 minutes to an hour of recorded footage per day, so it's really not that much. :)

It's a lot of fun for me, so that helps. Also, it seems like more than it is. It's really only 30 minutes to an hour of recorded footage per day, so it's really not that much. :)

I loved the Wizardry series though I think I only made it to wizardry 4. But wizardry 1 is the game with the nostalgia factor. It was summer and I was 13 years old but my dad had me working 8 hours a day at his business. I bought the game and the next day at work, early on in the day, I told my dad I felt 'sick' and I went home to play! I suppose I can admit that now, I'm sure the statutes of limitations on that fib have expired. Anyway, loved that game. It was fun mapping out the levels. It sometimes put me into a rage. That damned Murphy's Ghost was so hard at the beginning. Lots of memories conjured up by the announcement of your W6 let's play.

I loved the Wizardry series though I think I only made it to wizardry 4. But wizardry 1 is the game with the nostalgia factor. It was summer and I was 13 years old but my dad had me working 8 hours a day at his business. I bought the game and the next day at work, early on in the day, I told my dad I felt 'sick' and I went home to play! I suppose I can admit that now, I'm sure the statutes of limitations on that fib have expired. Anyway, loved that game. It was fun mapping out the levels. It sometimes put me into a rage. That damned Murphy's Ghost was so hard at the beginning. Lots of memories conjured up by the announcement of your W6 let's play.

Cool! Thanks for sharing. :)

Episode 3 and 4 are up! There will be 4 episodes today and 4 tomorrow (Sunday). Enjoy!

Ep. 3 -

Ep. 4 -

Wizardry 6 was my favorite of the series, I just loved exploring the castle and slowly learning about the history of what happened. It jumps the shark a little when you leave the castle, but it's still quite enjoyable.

Wizardry 8 was my personal favorite, primarily due to the huge graphics upgrade over previous titles. However, Wiz5, 6, and 7 were all five star games worth a replay. I beat them all, which was no easy task with just a pad of graph paper and without the Internet or clue books. But that's what I loved about those old RPGs; They were tough and required a brain.

BTW, it's hard to believe now, but there was a controversy at the time over the topless women in the game… Oh, gee whiz, I think that pixel might be a nipple! O_O

Wizardry 8 was my personal favorite, primarily due to the huge graphics upgrade over previous titles. However, Wiz5, 6, and 7 were all five star games worth a replay. I beat them all, which was no easy task with just a pad of graph paper and without the Internet or clue books. But that's what I loved about those old RPGs; They were tough and required a brain.

BTW, it's hard to believe now, but there was a controversy at the time over the topless women in the game… Oh, gee whiz, I think that pixel might be a nipple! O_O

Hilarious! :)

I was going to play Wiz 8, but Wiz 6 and earlier get the least exposure and coverage on YouTube, so I thought I'd go down the road less traveled. I think future Let's Plays will be even earlier games, as I check out all these great games that I never knew existed when I was growing up!! Should be a fun ride! :)

It was a good little game for it's time.

It seems pretty good thus far. I love the crazy calculations, dice rolls and general madness the game has!! It feels like I have to take a course in Wizardry 101 in order to learn how to play it! Fun stuff. :)

Good luck Fluent. Wiz 6 is a great game.

Good luck Fluent. Wiz 6 is a great game.

Thanks, Nephologist! It's a ton of fun thus far. I really went all out for this Let's Play, spending over an hour of video footage just reading the manual! So, I'm psyched and preparing myself for an epic journey with this game. Should be a lot of fun! :)

Wow that's a lot of videos done in very little time! :) I subscribed and watched a couple. I'm afraid to watch the Wizardry ones though. I'll surely end up playing it and not working :(

Back
Top Bottom