Dragon Age: Inquisition - The Problem With Roleplaying Games

that 10K gold figurine

Argh, what is up with the figurines?

I feel like I should be saving them for something (one was a story boss loot drop) but they don't do anything and I don't have inventory room.

Are they a collection? An achievement? Useless cruft?

Random figurines are items to sell.
Or... "Let's annoy people more with that inventory, let's not drop just cash, but also useless items."

Why don't you just buy the elfroot? It's stupidly cheap from vendors. All the materials required in large quantities for upgrades can be purchased from vendors right next waypoints in areas where they're found. The little village in the middle of the hinterlands has a merchant selling elfroot among other things for example. You could go grind them forever if you wanted, or you could buy them from an NPC who does that for their living.

There is also war table missions to collect resources in zones for you.

Dude is a straight up moron and a perfect example of why Forbes sucks at video games. Crafting is GOOD in this game, probably the best part OF the game, even though the interface is atrocious (PC gamers, do yourself and you loved ones a fsvor and get a wireless xbox for windows controller NOW. the whole game is built around them and way better with one. It's irritating but better than ridiculous mousing over stuff to target). But you can actually use the difft fabrics in the game to change how your characters look. It'a the most role-play-ish part of the fucking game; the dialogue options are a joke (though the non-you characters can ocassionally be interesting).

Sorry to DP, but the idiot reviewer also overlooked that there are advisors you can send to pick fucking herbs for you if you are too stupid to do it yourself. I have a lot of minor complaints with DAI (as with most bioware games since Origins) but as usual, the gaming preas can be relied upon to only focus on retardobot bullshit!

Only problem with roleplaying games is that we keep getting AAA crap like DAI or ME3.

Back
Top Bottom