Need Star Trail help

Smorri

Watchdog
I've been stuck for over a week now and could really use some help...

I'm in the Dwarf pit. I've gotten to the 6th level. I have the lockpicks, a tinderbox, a torch, the red ring (I'm wearing), stone amulet and the 3 leather items (wearing). I cross the first three fire plates no problem. Then I turn the corner and BLAM!... or should I say FLAM!... and I'm toast. Am I still missing some item? Is there something I need to do first? I haven't fought the gargoyes, but the FAQs said that wasn't needed, and my party is very low in heath( and I can't rest because I have an elf in town who is starving ). If I can get past these fire plates, I can finish the quest, run topside and get some food to my elf. :(

HELP!!!

Are all your characters wearing the leather? Did you try splitting up the party?

I remember having a few problems with the forge but everything else was pretty straight forward.

Thanks for the suggestions bjon045. I was doing both.

As often happens, after spending a week searching the internet for help on this, mere moments after I posted my question here, I came across the answer...

Apparently, in a purely accidental moment of over-enthusiasm, I may have... ahem... if one wanted to put it way too bluntly, might have succumbed to baser instincts and in some people's (Gods mostly) opinion... ahem... desecrated one or six Dwarf graves... which in-turn MAY have angered those 'oh so holier than thou' Gods, with all their political correctness, and resulted in me having a VERY negative favor with a certain God who takes intense pleasure in frying me every time I try to pass the fire plates.

As I spent so much time trying to work around this problem, I have no saves from before the so called 'desecration' and must start the game anew.

The Gods hate me... I mean it, they really do!

Damn!!!! At least your not that far into the game. Are you doing the full trilogy?

I remember having a few issues with the Star Trail in Dosbox, the game would crash on a certain square in the temple of phex, i just had to load the game outside of dosbox move one step forward save and then reload the game in dosbox. Shadows over Riva also has a blocker which I haven't figured out how to get past (in dosbox).

Yes, this is one of the things I ljust ove about these games (of this Trilogy).

Unfortunately they didn't implement this stuff in the Drakensang games ! What a shame ! So much potential lost !
(But apart from that, they did quite a good job with Drakensang. Only, that the Gods don't appear as relevant like they did in the Northland Trilogy.)

Sadly, in Drakensang, it is even propagated to scavenge tombs ... Although this would normally have had punishment as a reslt !

x. Shadows over Riva also has a blocker which I haven't figured out how to get past (in dosbox).

What blocker is that? I recently played (almost) through SoR in DosBox. I say almost, because I actually encountered a game-stopping bug just before the very last fight :( Very, very annoying!

Other than that I had no blocking problems.

Back
Top Bottom