Drakensang? Meh

I found a seemingly official version of it : Quelle: http://www.atarisupport.de/BG_manual_ger.pdf

Alrik, it looks like the German localized version 70 page version is nowhere near as complete as the original English at 157 pages found here. That is a shame.

Now let's do the comparison for Drakensang. Is there a link to the original German version of the manual? Here is the 70 page English localized version. Notably missing are instructions on how to control the camera. I struggled with this for a while, until someone on a forum told me how rotate with the RMB.

I don't remember any instructions on the use of the camera either. Make sure to put its sensitivity in the options menu to the lowest possible value ! From then on, you increse it again as you believe it to be fit.

The German Drakensang handbook is 84 pages long - including the back page.
At least that's the handbook of the original version. The Gold version might be a tiny bit thicker.

Edit : I browsed through this English-language manual you linked to - and found it to be a quite faithful version of the German one. It looks almot the same, except with a few screenshots, I think.

Which means that they left out the camera movement there, too.

I found Drakensang boring.

I was excited since it was the first PC RPG I had purchased in a while that seemed to be more traditional, hardcore. But ironically enough, in the end this is what turned me off it. The setting, story and general mechanics were basically nothing I hadn't seen before. It was all so predictable and cliched.

I will say this: I really liked the skill/leveling system, combat system and humor. But after about 10 hours or so I was just bored. It was better than NWN's OC though - I don't think anything can be as dull as that!

Back
Top Bottom