DA:Inquisition - 33% discount at Origin

Honestly dunno. On Steam I always used the client builtin "backup and restore" option:

pic.jpg

It works great so I really never tried just folder copypasting outside of the client.

Ok thanks!

I copied this off of my Speccy specs for ram:
RAM
Memory slots
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 2
Free memory slots 2
Memory
Type DDR2
Size 3072 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 400.5 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 6 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 6 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 6 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 18 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 2T
Physical Memory
Memory Usage 41 %
Total Physical 3.00 GB
Available Physical 1.75 GB
Total Virtual 5.99 GB
Available Virtual 4.50 GB
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 2
Slot #1
Slot #2

Does this meet the minimum requirements for the game?

I copied this off of my Speccy specs for ram:
RAM
Memory slots
Total memory slots 4
Used memory slots 2
Free memory slots 2
Memory
Type DDR2
Size 3072 MBytes
Channels # Dual
DRAM Frequency 400.5 MHz
CAS# Latency (CL) 6 clocks
RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD) 6 clocks
RAS# Precharge (tRP) 6 clocks
Cycle Time (tRAS) 18 clocks
Command Rate (CR) 2T
Physical Memory
Memory Usage 41 %
Total Physical 3.00 GB
Available Physical 1.75 GB
Total Virtual 5.99 GB
Available Virtual 4.50 GB
SPD
Number Of SPD Modules 2
Slot #1
Slot #2

Does this meet the minimum requirements for the game?

Nope:(

4gb physical is minimum, recommended is 6gb, though i really recommend 8gb. Game needs a quad core (top i5 or any i7 with 4 cores) + a graphic card that has at least 2Gb VRAM (something that goes over the#50 at Nvidia - meaning a medium-high graphic card, or any AMD card that supports Mantle)

Game it's not working on dual-core, because EA was too lazy to make it work (there is a PS3 version, so the port shouldn't be a problem). Bloody EA did not post the system requirements properly, so i got the bait. Hopefully i will upgrade this summer.

Your eldest son was probably stuck in Hinterlands for too long.
Don't do the same mistake - avoid grinding wherever and whenever possible.

Picking flowers in the hinterlands is close to where I abandoned the game. Wish there was an option to hide all ingredients so I could focus on the actual game instead.

Sorry to hear people are still having problems with DA:I / Origin. I was lucky and only had some annoying bugs and performance issues with the game (including a really odd sequence when I started a new game so a friend could play it for a while).

Anyway…I would wait. I paid the full 55 euros for it back in 2014 and while I finished the game, I was really beginning to hate it toward the end. Others loved it though, so it probably depends on your mood, tastes, phase in life, the position of the stars etc.

However, I've seen physical copies of the game for around 35 to 45 euros (old gen + PC / current gen) in the Netherlands. The price seems to fluctuate, but I think that if you weren't in a hurry to get the game back then, you might as well wait until you run into it for 30 euros or less, depending on how well-off you are and / or are in need of a vaguely actiony RPG with relatively high production values.

Game it's not working on dual-core, because EA was too lazy to make it work (there is a PS3 version, so the port shouldn't be a problem). Bloody EA did not post the system requirements properly, so i got the bait. Hopefully i will upgrade this summer.
This is one of those rare times where I totally agree with EA's decision.
It's year 2015. You want to game? Go at least quadcore or forgeddit. Stop choking the industry progress with decades old architecture!*

Yes I know many of so called gaming laptops are still dual core, well that's not games' problem. Buy a desktop PC.

————
* At the same time EA released Sims 4 that can run on a toaster - it is 32bit game, runs even on Intel HD onboard gpu. Which basically means, it looks and plays almost like a phonegame garbage.

It's year 2015. You want to game? Go at least quadcore or forgeddit. Stop choking the industry progress with decades old architecture!*

Yes I know many of so called gaming laptops are still dual core, well that's not games' problem. Buy a desktop PC.

That might be easy for you; but I'm 70 years old and living on a fixed retirement income. A new computer is out of the question. My wife quilts, and I work on a model railroad. Just my retirement income to pay for everything.

No I don't serve cheese with my whine

NOW it's time to say "sorry" joxer!

It's not time to say sorry, in fact you may now additionally say I'm the most rude person ever.

You're 70. You need fresh air not some goddamned never_seen_sunlight distractions! Think about your vitamine D, your body now needs more sun than ever before. Your mind needs keeping in shape instead of dumbing down.
So ditch the bloody machine and go out! Enjoy the nature, socialize with real people. You don't need a crapload of cash for that.

At least I know I'll do that when (and if) I reach 70.

Dragon Age: Inquisition is a nice game in my opinion. Good example of attempt to create something new. The recepies and inventory are a bit of a mess though...

Just nice?
I believe after DA2 it's a huge step forward for Bioware. With several bad decisions but still a huge.

Why is it a step forward?

1. Bioware Points are dead, the moneylaundry possibility is now removed
2. There is no story critical cutout content to sell separately
3. Superb ending, not some mediocre stuff or utter dissapointment
4. There is no boring character, in fact there is but that boredom feels like designed to deliberately make you feel it that way
5. C&C masterpiece quests within the main story
6. The music never played so important role in a Bioware game

What exactly is wrong so it rationally can't be given 10/10?

1. Gambling system in multiplayer from ME3 is still there (never tried it, maybe I misinterpeted reviews)
2. Unbearable amount of grinding, copypasted from the worst MMOs that exist
3. Middlefinger to PC audience
4. No pools (swimming/diving) and no toddlers in a game => EA modern phylosophy

It's not time to say sorry, in fact you may now additionally say I'm the most rude person ever.
At least I know I'll do that when (and if) I reach 70.

Do you use your 'girl friend' to hold your computer mouse or do you use your other hand. BTW, I don't think you will be allowed to reach 70

Forgive him Max. He is young and weird and an occasional asshole but he is ok really :)

Back
Top Bottom