Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 released.

Drithius

Magic & Loss
Via NMA

Its first rendition in 2005, a hearty congratulations to Killap for "finishing" this mod.
2.0 of the RP saw the arrival of Dravean as lead writer and Pixote as lead graphic designer and mapper. These guys came in and raised the quality bar to the next level. Dravean went through all the dialogue and made it more in line with the Fallout writing style and lore and ensured that future dialogue was of the same quality. And Pixote, well, what can be said about that crazy guy. Cool The thousands of hours he put in to create new graphics and animation sets is just mind boggling. If you needed mapping or graphic work done, he did it. I also have to give a shout out to Darek. He's our local Fallout detective and was immensely helpful in finding the causes to dozens of obscure and long standing issues. And of course, there's Timeslip. Her exe hackery was crucial to bring the RP to where it is today. And in general, she's made the lives of Fallout modders easier. And lastly, I can't not mention NovaRain, who was a dedicated tester for me throughout the years. He must have played through the *entire* game dozens of times over the course of all this. While I only single out a few people here, there were many others that stepped in to lend a hand with the RP over the years. The readme and credits in the game lists them. I'm truly grateful to all of them.

Now come 2013, RP 2.2 is being released. I believe that this version is what I had always envisioned the Restoration Project would become. If you were put off by older RP releases, please give it a try again. I think you'll be pleased. If you've been waiting 6 years to play the RP, well, now is your chance. And if you've already played it dozens of times before, rest assured there is new content for you to experience.

Congratulations from me, too.
Fixing old games over so many years - just cool.

Back
Top Bottom