CD Projekt - GOG adds Arx Fatalis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine - support companies and not fellow gamers - and see where it gets you. Good luck boot lickers of the games industry. Only industry where the customers would rather support the corporations than fellow customers! Thank god for customer support groups in almost every other industry and government departments to protect customers, because on here at least, it seems no one gives a damn about any other gamer except themselves. Explains why so many gamers don't like online gaming because of the attitude of other gamers.

Fine - support companies and not fellow gamers - and see where it gets you. Good luck boot lickers of the games industry. Only industry where the customers would rather support the corporations than fellow customers! Thank god for customer support groups in almost every other industry and government departments to protect customers, because on here at least, it seems no one gives a damn about any other gamer except themselves. Explains why so many gamers don't like online gaming because of the attitude of other gamers.

When a company comes out and tries what you are concerned about (the Gold edition example you gave), I will be concerned and make my voice heard. You seem particularly hung up on the fact that the patch is called 1.19. If it was "XP/Vista upgrade" would that have made you happy?

Not if it fixed bugs in the self same game for sale with no help for original owners of that self same game.

As I have said. Never before, or let's say very rarely, has a publisher fixed a game for resale without releasing the code for original owners.

I cannot believe for one second that GOG will sell 100th the numbers sold originally, so I cannot understand for one second why Arkane Studio's took this route of action!

Not if it fixed bugs in the self same game for sale with no help for original owners of that self same game.

As I have said. Never before, or let's say very rarely, has a publisher fixed a game for resale without releasing the code for original owners.

I cannot believe for one second that GOG will sell 100th the numbers sold originally, so I cannot understand for one second why Arkane Studio's took this route of action!

So it would have to be a stand alone Xp/Vista upgrade? Is the game playable even with the bugs that this patch fixes?

So it would have to be a stand alone Xp/Vista upgrade? Is the game playable even with the bugs that this patch fixes?

It will play,but there is some flickering and fps changes, but the No.1 problem for me is that you see the corona of a fire through three or more walls, so, like a cheat, you know where camps and groups of enemies are before you should know. This on top of the fact that if you are somewhere with a fire in each of nearby rooms, you can have 5 corona's on screen at one time, which really mucks up the ability to enjoy playing, let alone dealing with an enemy! :(

Let's face it, if it wasn't something major, GOG would not have asked for or Arkane Studios would not have offered the 1.19 patch so the game would fit under the GOG guarantee of each of their games running in XP and Vista without problems.

Is this thread now about gayness, too ?

Eventhough GOG already answered you this question on their own forums, I asked them about this.
Arkane made the fixes and Arkane owns the patch version 1.19. I think if it wasn't for GOG bringing out the game again, their never would have been a 1.19 patch to begin with. GOG isn't allowed to release the patch and it is unclear at the moment if the 1.19 patch will be released at all by Arkane. You might be seeing a conspiracy here, but I doubt there is any.

I honestly don't understand this.

Why would a company NOT release a patch for its own game ?

Myrthos - I know GOG shouldn't release it - but what action would Arkane Studios take in the face of it's and GOG's customers- not much, I bet!

On one level I do not understand Arkane's reluctance to release, but I do know that even you, when hearing from either party involved in this, surely must realise that the total truth may not be being said. Like GOG saying it was probably an 'oversight' that Arkane Studios didn't release. Well, I for one do not believe that even GOG believe it was an 'oversight'! So what you have been told by one of the parties cuts little ice with me. Too many half-truths seem to have already ben told on this matter.

Totally with you. The whole thing seems none understandable on many levels, such is sometimes the case when two parties have done a wrong and money is involved.

I doubt it matters much what is said to you. You are already convinced of your own truth. You have invented the reasons why it happened and anything that is told to you that doesn't fit in your self invented truth becomes a lie.

To make the "new" product more attractive for potential customers. This doesn't change anything for old customers: Before -> no patch; after -> no patch.

This makes sense. Work doesn't fall from heaven. Somebody has to pay for it.

"Service" is no argument for such an old game. The warranty period is long over.

Myrthos - close this thread then - because it seems your truth is the most important truth and any other's truth is from people who don't understand it - like you do from your lofty height.

Last edited:
I think I'll save Myrthos the trouble and close it myself. This discussion has run its course. If/when Arkane release something, we can re-open the thread, but till then we're simply going round in circles!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom