Zombie RPG - Design Update - First Art

Looks great...oh computers to be hacked! :)

About time someone commented. ;)

Doesn't reveal much and a bit of a dull subject but the detail is welcome.

Yeah a bit of a weird choice for a first screen, although it does show the level of graphic quality we can expect. Oscar commented that more "typical" zombie apocalypse screens will be released in good time. BTW, if you haven't, the 'monday update' threads in the ZRPG forums are worth reading, a lot of good design ideas were put forward in those. I have no particular interest in a zombie themed game, but the design and ideas behind this one sound quite intriguing, on paper (or screen) at least.

I was fine with the screen - it really shows some nice details and makes me want more ... more BRAINS, that is! :)

I was fine with the screen - it really shows some nice details and makes me want more … more BRAINS, that is! :)

Exactly what I was thinking...
... needs more brains splattered on the walls and perhaps a pool of blood or 2...
other than that seems fine to me.

As Ghan said, it's mostly to show the graphical level we are aiming at with the game, and to give you guys something before the end of the year.

About it looking too "pristine", there's a reason why this location isn't ravaged by the zombie apocalypse, and currently has people living there, so some kind of order and cleanliness is expected. Also, it's an early version of the area, there are still some small details missing like some notices on the walls, light switches, a little more dirt here and there, etc.

About it looking too "pristine", there's a reason why this location isn't ravaged by the zombie apocalypse, and currently has people living there, so some kind of order and cleanliness is expected.
But that's the problem, it's too clean even for a room that doesn't have any problems with zombie infestation, but simply gets used on a regular basis. A furniture ad is what it looks like. You could put the IKEA logo in a corner of the picture, and it would fit like a glove.

I still think they should make an undead RPG where characters (and their classes) are different types of undead with different abilities. So, you could have a party of 1 zombie, 1 ghost, 2 spectres and one lich, or go crazy and try to go with an all ghost party.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom