2014 FIFA World Cup

Crazy. And heart breaking. You can't let a team like Portugal get an uncontested pass to the center like that. Absolute defensive break down by the US. Let's just hope that the Germany that showed up against Ghana is the one that shows up against us!

Bradley cannot feel good after that game... all he had to do was kick the ball as hard as he could in any direction and they'd have qualified for the finals... on top of that he missed an almost open goal.

Whatever guys, bookmakers already dropped offers on Germany-USA draw as it guarantees instapassthrough.
Yes it's not Italy or Greece to fix results, but still. There goes my "sicher" beermoney, it's simply not worth a risk now.
:(

3 games, 3 wins, 10 goals. Go Netherlands.
It isn't beautiful, but effective :)

3 games, 3 wins, 10 goals. Go Netherlands.
It isn't beautiful, but effective :)

The Netherlands is the team to beat in this tournament.

PS:
But Myrthos you don't have time to watch football games - you have to work on D:OS :)

Australia is out :/ embarrassing result against Spain. Very likely Korea will get spanked by Belgium too... Sigh :'(

Italy out against Uruguay. Another game decided by a terrible referee.

The Greece vs Ivory Coast game was just crazy.... a really good performance by the greek and a well deserved win!

World Cup 2014 take a bite out of it. Italians taste like chicken :)

Stop saying Holland is the favorite. People always do this and that is the kiss of death for the Dutch. Brazil has not lost in like 58 games on their home pitch. They are the favorites.

@ pibbur

My little angel thought daddy's shoulder was way to hard to bite in, so she decided to go for her mothers bottom instead, lucky me
:lol:

Now let the real world cup begin… !

6B1t0Mv.jpg

Russia is winning against Algeria atm. Now Korea need to win with 3 or more goals to get through :/ I'm not holding my breath though.

I'm happy that Algeria managed to go through. They earned it. I also enjoyed the US going through - they may not have a lot of individual super stars, but their collective effort is massive. They're generally fun to watch. Also, they don't whine.

As for the next round: I expect most of the big guns to go through (Netherlands, Germany, France, Argentina and Brazil), but we could get one or two surprises even at this stage.

Too bad we've seen a few terrible referee performances and a pretty nasty bite from Suarez, because other than that it's still spectacular. I'm simply loving it.

I feel really sorry for Russia especially the goalkeeper I think there should be a rematch, how can a goalkeeper be expected to save with laser directly in his eyes ?

Indeed that's still an unsolved problem in football. :(
You can't just do a rematch for various reasons, one of them being that fans could force a rematch by just using a laser.

How is this handled in other sports, like American Football or Basketball? Or do they just have fans being more sportsmanlike?

Back
Top Bottom