Raven's Cry - Delayed to December

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
The release of Raven's Cry has, again, been delayed. This time to the 16th of December. So your desires to play as a pirate have to wait just a bit more.

Thanks M00n1ight.

More information.

I'm somewhat interested in this game and hope it sees the light of day as well. I just went to TopWare's website to see if they were saying anything about the delay. The thing that I did find was a release date of January 28th 2015.

This game switched developers pretty far into development so I'm not surprised at the delay. I want to be hopeful it will be somewhat good as I did enjoy Two Worlds 1&2, but the quiet pushbacks and the team changes make it hard to be optimistic.

http://www.topware.com/us/ravens-cry.html

The thing that I did find was a release date of January 28th 2015.
That's for the retail and console version only. It has been announced back in October that these will be released in Q1 2015, so it's nothing new.
This release date announcement afaik is the last thing we've heard from TopWare or Reality Pump.

How different is this from Assassins Creed: Black Flag which, according to critics and players, was successful in providing a solid and open experience?

Noone knows.

AC:BF is not RPG. Raven's Cry is RPG.

It's advertised as such.
I don't however know if they made a proper RPG or contains grinding on endlessly respawned monkeys, termites and ants as their two worlds games.

It's advertised as such.
Then it MUST be true! :D

But I think you're right, it'll be an RPG. I just wanted to emphazise the fact that we haven't seen or heard of its actual gameplay in the last months, so noone really knows what to expect.

For once I love the fact there are no gameplay vids.
Got sick of comments on DA3 gameplay vids that have nothing in common with the actual game under your hands.

I've seen the gameplay at Gamescom, but was late to the meeting and never got around to write something that would be useful.

A bit bad news for some, good for me:
http://steamcommunity.com/games/281130/announcements/detail/141066327183519761
The release date for Raven’s Cry is being postponed until January 26, 2015. We had hoped our dark pirate epic would be ready in time for the Holidays, so those of you who buy it could put it under the Christmas tree. But we’re not willing to rush things make any compromises with this project, so we decided to give this complex RPG adventure a little bit more time to make sure all the blades are nice and sharp, so to speak. After all, we owe it to our fans, who have been waiting a long time for a such an exciting pirate experience.

We are very sorry for this delay and everyone preordered may eMail to Support@topware.com to request a Steam keys of one of our other games as a small compensation for the additional waiting time.

In addition, we’re going to be releasing some gameplay material from our dark pirate adventure very soon, and even all the landlubbers will see that Christopher Raven will soon be launching his quest for revenge on their hard drives.

Now I can definetly finish Xulima and maybe Wasteland 2 before it's released, yay! :D
Grimrock 2 is still in limbo… :(
In any case, since another game already got GOTY award, no wonder they postponed it once again... Assuming they want to have a fair competition at awards and not be disqualified because some schmucks can't wait the actual end of the year.

Oh, they give steam key for a bonus game? Shall I write them? What if they give me some crapware? :D

Retail version will be out two days after digital one:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/157427/raven_s-cry-delayed

Looking forward to the gameplay material.

I am entrenched in dragon age 3 and xulima....at the moment....

Back
Top Bottom