Torment: Tides of Numenera - Alpha Preview

They did say that the UI is getting a rework in next few weeks/months.

What are people even commenting on? Did we see the same video? The video that I saw didn't actually show any real gameplay, just a bit of walking and tons of text. It's very hard to pass judgement based on what little is shown, unless there's some video I haven't seen yet.

It is called Alpha Systems Test, it is not a Alpha build or Alpha Preview.

It's a playable portion of the game and meant to create feedback.

Absolutely loved the voiceovers in game, feels like you are in the room with a real game master and he is narrating events of adventure to you. Hope the rest of the game will be similarly narrated.

What are people even commenting on? Did we see the same video? The video that I saw didn't actually show any real gameplay, just a bit of walking and tons of text.

I think this describes Planescape: Torment as well. You had the nameless one,walking around to npcs that would proceed to throw walls and walls of text at you. Once you got done with one npc, you would slowly amble to the next and get more walls of text. Every so often, that would stop and you would explore a little dungeon or fight a few battles, then it was back to text-o-rama. Never understood anyone's fascination with that game :)

LOL, none. It was the best book I've ever played on the pc, though not read. I couldn't finish it, as the story was a little dull, but still.....

that was not impressive... but it doesn't diminish the hopes I have for the finished game. :)

LOL, none. It was the best book I've ever played on the pc, though not read. I couldn't finish it, as the story was a little dull, but still…..

Nothing really grabbed me about the game, except I found it neat that they integrated stats so well into the dialogues.

I suppose if the setting and writing had appealed to me, I might have enjoyed it a lot more.

Yes! The stats in the dialogue was amazing. That part of the game was way cool, there was just too much of it. I need way more play time than read time in something that calls itself a game. Today, PST would be called a Virtual Novel.

LOL, none. It was the best book I've ever played on the pc, though not read. I couldn't finish it, as the story was a little dull, but still…..
It is expected that games like these are not for you. As a Bethesda fan, you of course like light reading that requires no thinking.

Top-notch writing! I was afraid they will be too sugary, but the first paragraphs drew me in. Reading is more enjoyable, when I completely mute audio so the readers voice doesn't disturb the imagery my mind makes. Skipped most to not spoil anything.

Excellent UI graphics. Good GUI arrangement.

Yes! The stats in the dialogue was amazing. That part of the game was way cool, there was just too much of it. I need way more play time than read time in something that calls itself a game. Today, PST would be called a Virtual Novel.

The writing is excellent so I don't mind a virtual novel feel.

I definitely like the PS:T/Adventure vibe from the video and I don't mind the reading, quite the opposite.

PS:T is one of my all-time favourite games so this is one of my most anticipated RPGs and have high expectations.

Yes, action RPGers may want sidestep this one. Walls of text is fine by me. :) By good writers.

Ha, my favorite games of all time are split between Dragon's Dogma and PS: Torment.

Torment is definitely one of my (if not my most) favorite RPG.

Of course, one has to be in a relaxed mood to read, not click-click-click frantically.

I played the AST and I loved it. It was like playing a living and breathing novella. And if the content doesn't look too much for you - it is only an alpha test of the character generation. Heck, every UX in it is a placeholder that will change in the final product.

Don't judge the book by its first early draft.

Back
Top Bottom