DA:O Orzammar spoiler question *SPOILERS*

Dragon Age: Origins
That's not what I was saying. What I mean is that there is no clear good or evil here. There is only whatever choice is right for *you* as a role-player.

But that's my whole point. I couldn't figure out which choice was more 'right' for my role-playing due to the lack of information - so I made an almost random, potentially out-of-character choice only to keep the story going... Good or evil aren't the only motives a character can have certainly, but I still need something to motivate my character.

Anyway, it seems that it was clearer for other people - maybe playing the dwarf origin gave a bit of subtle inside information, I don't know - in fact that was one main reason why I avoided playing any other origins: I didn't want to spoil any surprises.

I couldn't figure out which choice was more 'right' for my role-playing due to the lack of information
Exactly. There were only two small things that made me reflect: One, I'm generally in favor of progression, so I thought Behlen was a nice guy. However, two, I was supposed to find clues for his lackey for what I assumed were blackmailing purposes, but I wasn't sure. Oh, and there was info somewhere lying around that mentioned the former king chose the other guy as his rightful successor (?). But otherwise ... no idea. In the end I cheated and consulted the Internet about some more background info, after which I sided with Harrowmont.

Otherwise, yeah, I guess you would have had to live with your decision, even if it later turned out to be the 'wrong' one.

maybe playing the dwarf origin gave a bit of subtle inside information, I don't know
My second character was Dwarven noble, and without giving too much away, there was nothing subtle about it. :)

My second character was Dwarven noble, and without giving too much away, there was nothing subtle about it. :)

Heheheh - yeah, - about as subtle as a sledgehammer! ...and pretty damned up close and personal too.... :p >:O

But that's my whole point. I couldn't figure out which choice was more 'right' for my role-playing due to the lack of information - so I made an almost random, potentially out-of-character choice only to keep the story going… Good or evil aren't the only motives a character can have certainly, but I still need something to motivate my character.

That may or may not have been intentional by the devs, but I agree, there really wasn't that much information to go by. You do get 'sort of' an idea about their general way of thinking if you talk to everyone, but not any solid hints about what direction they're going to take Orzammar if elected.

As far as motivation, the differences in the first quest given by each one were enough for me to definitely like one more than the other.

Back
Top Bottom