Original Sin - Release Day

I just learned that AI personalities didn't make it into the final release.

You only have 3 AI options for your companion which are:
  • Loyal (companion always has the same opinion as you)
  • Random (opinion is random for each dialog)
  • No AI (you chose the opinion/dialog option yourself)
For me that's s show stopper… I'll wait until they patch the personalities in.

Show stopper for me as well - this was probably one of the biggest things I wanted. Hopefully it won't be to long till they patch them.

All those backers here at the watch who have received a key from me before for alpha or beta, should be able to use that key for the final game as well.

Another tidbit. The whole game is rougly the size of DKS, minus all the dragon-related stuff. This is a much smaller game, maybe a third smaller than DKS, but what I've seen has been decent. Not award-winning, but good.

Well DKS was Divinity 2 plus Flames of Vengeance combined. That would make D:OS a pretty good size even if it's only 2/3 that length.

You turn into a rock with legs when you sneak? That sounds like something from The Sims - funny for kids and asians, but usually not to anyone else. So this is heavier on the humor than DD? Too busy with Baldur's Gate 2 to try yet + waiting for obvious patches.

Nah, don't worry man, it's a bush with legs.

It does look pretty stupid. I'm really hoping this is a placeholder or that the community can persuade them to just have normal sneak animations... while it doesn't ruin the game, I feel it's far to silly for most players tastes.

Well there is still plenty of bugs to fix and features to add. They should have waited longer, but probably Larian wanted to be ahead of Wasteland 2 release in August.

And Risen 3. And Dragon Age 3. ;)

If you are on rocky grounds then it is a rock with legs. Depends which area you are in.

Myrthos, I know the backers at the codex though do get an unlock code, so do people on larian vault that gives their game a backer status or some such.

It is the code we are asked when we create a profile, I assume it unlocks some of the rewards In game.

This is something I assume is very difficult and resource intensive to get right.
Depends of how much work they already got into it. Possibly it's only testing and tweaking. If they have to add personalities from scratch, it's indeed a lot of work…

Nah, don't worry man, it's a bush with legs.

It does look pretty stupid. I'm really hoping this is a placeholder or that the community can persuade them to just have normal sneak animations… while it doesn't ruin the game, I feel it's far to silly for most players tastes.
I hope for this as well.
How was this "feature" actually perceived by the community during the beta?

I hope for this as well.
How was this "feature" actually perceived by the community during the beta?

Good question. I skimmed Larian's forums for threads about the sneaking animations but couldn't find any, so I started my own: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504481&gonew=1#UNREAD

Apparently some people actually like this level of silliness. Really hope it's temporary or that someone makes a mod to do proper sneaking animation. It's a blight on an otherwise BEAUTIFUL game.

Justed checked the thread. I would understand if people just accept and don't care about it, but I really don't understand people actually really liking it…

Justed checked the thread. I would understand if people just accept it, but I really don't understand people actually really liking it…

Same here, Morrandir. I wonder if the ones that like it are the younger players... Maybe we're just getting old... I used to find over-the-top comedy films funny but now I prefer more subtle, satirical stuff.

this game is a bit on the silly side, dirty underwear, sneaking animations and ridiculous sheep right at the start. Humour has always been a part of the Divinity games, but I think DivDiv got it right whereas D:OS overdoes it a bit.

Apart from that, I'm thrilled playing it and I'm looking forward to any changes and patches that might be coming.

Good question. I skimmed Larian's forums for threads about the sneaking animations but couldn't find any, so I started my own: http://www.larian.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=504481&gonew=1#UNREAD

Apparently some people actually like this level of silliness. Really hope it's temporary or that someone makes a mod to do proper sneaking animation. It's a blight on an otherwise BEAUTIFUL game.

I happen to be one of them. This game is one of the most addictive and charming titles that I've played in years. My "play for a little bit to get a feel for the game" attempt turned into a all-day marathon. For Christ's sake, people!!! Lighten the hell up!!! The game is great. On a positive note, I've discovered a new way to make lots of easy money. I can stuff some coal up your egregiously tight asses and end up with a plethora of diamonds. Retirement, here I come...

I happen to be one of them. This game is one of the most addictive and charming titles that I've played in years. My "play for a little bit to get a feel for the game" attempt turned into a all-day marathon. For Christ's sake, people!!! Lighten the hell up!!! The game is great. On a positive note, I've discovered a new way to make lots of easy money. I can stuff some coal up your egregiously tight asses and end up with a plethora of diamonds. Retirement, here I come…

You're so right! I must be uptight because I don't find something absurdly cartoonish funny! Well, thanks to you pointing out that grievous character flaw of mine, I can LAUGH again! Man, I hope I find a banana peel in the game so I can trip my enemies. And a cream pie to throw in their faces.. OOh, better yet, a gun that when my character pulls the trigger, a little flag comes out with a "BANG!" sign. Oh geez, that would be HILLARIOUS!

As I've said it really isn't a huge deal, but I definitely don't like it and am genuinely surprised to find so many people do. It seems to be a great game overall, but doesn't mean I can't criticize it for the flaws as I see them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom