Drakensang:RoT character talents question

dogeddie

Traveler
Do I need to have my character skilled in "treat wounds" if Fayris is already skilled in it? How do talents like that work - do they go off of only the highest party members stat? Thanks

If Fayris has it, but at the same time she is unable to use it (various reasons), then it is imho a good thing to have one character being able to use it, as some kind of "backup". That's my personal opinion.

The use works basically like with all talents - if I recall this correctly - that you throw a 20-sided dice to meet the requirement, but if you don't, then you'll have the "talent points" to help you out to fill up the to number you need, so to say.

Plus, the higher the talent points, the better the result, at least in pen & paper TDE this is the case.

Talents like these are personal. Fortunately, everyone in the game already has this, even if at 0 points. TDE is a roll-under system, and here you have to roll under your Cleverness, Charisma and Dexterity values (not used points for one stat get applied to the dice of one where you need it), modified by your talent.

The talent is not very useful during combat (it takes 5 actions), but it's mostly needed for healing wounds. You will convert a critical wound to a normal one even on a failed dice roll. You will heal one additional wound for every three talent points. You also get accelerated regeneration. A new use of the talent breaks off an existing application.

Personally, I didn't put too many points into this. There were enough bandages in the game.

Thanks - I guess I also wonder if the game calculates automatically which party member has the highest talent level, or if it is just the selected character that is checked?

As a check, I tried to collect plants but could not with my character. If I switch to Fayris, who has a high talent level, I can pick the plants. I guess I thought the game auto selected the stats of the highest party member for checks. Do any of the talents work that way?

Most talents are personal, which means only the character who has them can use them. The game selects the highest talent in the party for buying and selling stuff though.

I barely used bandages, and only at the very beginning. The balm of healing spell is much more reliable during combat (any damage will make the healing skill fail), the spell takes fewer rounds, plus it can be done at range. Of course, having 2 spell casters makes it even more advantageous.

Back
Top Bottom