Personal things you don't need to know

Decided to throw an update here. It's nice reading the posts I made earlier, as it was a time of intense turmoil and I can look back at it now with a newly found satisfaction. 3 years of jumping from one crisis to another and no peace sure gives me a reason to be thankful for the fortune that I have now.

Still remember the horrid day in March where I decided again to grab the bottle, with the usual consequences. The next morning was my nadir, but little did I know that in only a short time everything would change for the better :).

Welp, I'm back after a great week. I do have to say I miss the Netherlands, but I was also glad to come back from the bustling streets of Amsterdam. Dunno if it has to do with my illness or if it's just the normal city fatigue of a small town person.

BTW, movies in The Netherlands are shown in their original language and are subtitled - movies aimed at children excluded.

We visited the film museum - very entertaining and interesting snippets of obscure movies there. In fact one of the nicest thing was a 7 minute clip with classical music that turned out to be a commercial for a Philips radio from the 1930's.

Just wanted to drop in that I couldn't log in for weeks now because I had forgotten the password for the Watch and was too lazy to get a new one. :p

Where was that thread with that great parody of forum members again, so I can sign it ? ;)

I got locked out for a week by my ISP because they said there was a TZrojan in da house ... Tuzrened out to be none of my 2 PCs ...

And after that, last Tuesday I got sick. (Reason : " gastrointestinal tract", according to my favourite translator, dict.leo.org) Another week in which I couldn't do much.

And at the end of next week I wanted to go into vacation. Pray for me that I'll be fit then. I've been looking forward to this very much. But tomorrow I'll have another important appointment with the doctor ... *sigh* I just hope that it'll turn out to be a minor thing.

Thank you.

Everything's going back to normal, slowly. I feel a bit weak because I haven't been eating anytrhing beside 1 slice of toasted bread plus 3 large cups of tea for 2 days, but I'm going back to normal again.

Thank you.

Everything's going back to normal, slowly. I feel a bit weak because I haven't been eating anytrhing beside 1 slice of toasted bread plus 3 large cups of tea for 2 days, but I'm going back to normal again.

Good luck - hope you are back to full health quickly!

I'm off for a week in Berlin tomorrow ! Have fun meanwhile ! ;)

Thanks ! :)

I may have told you, if not I do it now, but I am implementing a media server at home, and have for a while been ripping my DVD's and Blu-rays. After finishing mine, a healthy dose of horror and science fiction, the turn has now come to the ones bought by the wife. Which contains titles like "Mamma mia", lots of Nora Roberts stuff and the TV series Hart to Hart.

Needless to say, I consider claiming that they all failed the ripping process. But I fear she will not believe me, and even more I fear the resulting threats and sometimes acts of vengeance.

I'm suffering.

pibbur who admits she also has a lot of interesting stuff.

I may have told you, if not I do it now, but I am implementing a media server at home, and have for a while been ripping my DVD's and Blu-rays. After finishing mine, a healthy dose of horror and science fiction, the turn has now come to the ones bought by the wife. Which contains titles like "Mamma mia", lots of Nora Roberts stuff and the TV series Hart to Hart.

Needless to say, I consider claiming that they all failed the ripping process. But I fear she will not believe me, and even more I fear the resulting threats and sometimes acts of vengeance.

I'm suffering.

pibbur who admits she also has a lot of interesting stuff.

In the case of prohibiting Mamma Mia, the ends would justify the means.

haha ... I enjoyed occasionally watching Hart to Hart, but my wife and I ran across an episode lately ... and let's just say it doesn't hold up so well. Scarecrow and Mrs King, however ... ;)

Back
Top Bottom