Dwarf Fortress Videos

Thanks for the link. I've tried DF a few times, but never really understood it. One of these days I'll give it another try and I'm sure these videos will help me understand it a bit better.

@skavenhorde, DF is scarily addictive, but it has a really scary learning curve. If you want to try it, set aside about six hours some nice Sunday, bring up the DF wiki, and work your way through one of the tutorials. For the first hour you'll be utterly hopelessly confused; for the second hour you'll only be confused, by the third hour you'll have some measure of control over your dwarves, and by hour six, you'll either be completely hooked or convinced that you won't touch it with a ten-foot pole of maple decorated with spikes of goblin bone and encircled with bands of silver.

I feel a strange mood coming on...

Anyone been following th edev updates? The next release looks huge.

I check 'em out every day. It sure does -- tissue layers, tissue growth, tissue color, poisons, spatter, organ failure, disease... there's even a hint that you might be able to rip someone's guts out, then pick them up and use them to strangle him. (Presumably you can do this with your *own* guts, too, assuming you can stand the pain, which would be even cooler.)

Back
Top Bottom