Dark Souls III - Launch Trailer

Well, I've got a D20 here. In the name of boredom I'm going to roll up a new class!

RPGWatcher

VGR: 12
ATT: 7
END: 12
VIT: 18
STR: 10
DEX: 11
INT: 10
FTH: 2
LCK: 4

Hey, nice class! I'd pick that for sure. Not so good with a Flynns ring, but what an incredible mix/maxer. :)

PC port review:
http://www.pcgamesn.com/dark-souls-3/dark-souls-3-pc-port-review

Dark Souls III’s PC port is not great. At least not when it comes to graphics options and being able to squeeze some more frames out of the game. On consoles, it’s apparently even worse, with the frame rate being all over the place to the point where it can, unlike the PC version, negatively affect gameplay. So while there’s a huge amount of room for improvement, it still looks like we’ve got the best version.

The important thing, however – beyond the fact that it’s better on PC than on consoles – is that, aside from one small area, the frame rate never dipped below 50, and across the game as a whole, mostly stayed at around 60. It’s more than playable, but it’s still extremely disappointing. This is the fourth game From Software’s released on PC and the third Dark Souls game, so it really should be better than this.

That's about port.
But about the game itself, seems every single site and their mother says it's the best game ever made, an unique masterpiece with things you've never seen before and nowhere else, something so awsome it's highly probable a better game than this one will never appear, a product our grandchildren will still talk about.
And me... I suspect I'm seeing another DA2 case.

nah, I'm totally in with the hype for this. The main criticism in the reviews I've skimmed seems to be that it doesn't do anything massively different to the previous installments. I am absolutely 100% ok with that. When I get my hands on this I expect to disapear into the game for many happy, satisfying months.

Joxer, have you gone from not caring about the game at all, to a 10/10 masterpiece, because the Wandering Knight gets his bum out?

There is no change.
I'm not giving a dime for that game but that doesn't mean I can't have fun with it's media coverage. ;)

One thing that game did positive though, I didn't see any Division nor Destiny article today. Anywhere.
Finally!

These games are not meant for fun. They are meant to endlessly torment you to rebattle long strings of respawned enemies every time you die. ;)

Last edited:
It's like a level in super mario or something. If you die you have to start the level over again. You respawn, they respawn, everybody respawns.

As we all know Dark Souls can be a bit of a curmudgeon but it has the heart of a lion. I'll tell you a story about it.

It was christmas eve last year and I was at firelink shrine making dinner for Solaire and we got to talking about the spirit of giving and I said, "Solaire, why are we just talking about it? Lets put the spirit into action. lets go down to the mission!" and he said "that's a great, great idea, sirjames." So we did and not only did we feed every poor, miserable, precious soul but we washed the feet of every man, woman and child there. In the spirit of christ.

That was dark souls. Dark Souls the lion.

Back
Top Bottom