Elder Scrolls Online

Other players rushed through the content without even listening to the dialog. Not very satisfying form a roleplaying point of view. I suppose after while most just grind through these, over and over again for the loot and XP.

Welcome to MMOs...I'm going to bet you will soon become a soloer (if you can get a bunch of real life friends to play with you).

I think the only MMO I played where group content didn't result into lemmings rushing through the content is/was DDO, but that might have more to do with the fact that you had to rest once in a while to regain health than anything else.

I guess I have to experience all things, bad and good. :)

I've been soloing everything else so far, except for randoms taking my kills. Sometimes even being helpful.

Hey, guys still playing this. Sad to say I am addicted. :(

Please share in my pain and join me for grouping. :) I have had a real hard time finding other players to do group dungeons.

PC North America "Megaserver"
Thrasher91604

Thrasher addicted to an MMO?

Considering what he said about DA:I, that's kinda amusing ;)

j/k

Glad you're having fun with something new.

Sad isn't it? ;) it's the sense of progression that makes it seem rewarding, but it is a very repetitive treadmill. If it wasn't Tamriel exploration, I wouldn't put up with it, most likely. But now LOTRO looks more attractive, too. :/ I have more tolerance for this shallow gameplay than I thought.

Sad isn't it? ;) it's the sense of progression that makes it seem rewarding, but it is a very repetitive treadmill. If it wasn't Tamriel exploration, I wouldn't put up with it, most likely. But now LOTRO looks more attractive, too. :/ I have more tolerance for this shallow gameplay than I thought.

You're more right than you know :)

I spent almost all of three years of my life learning this the hard way.

LOTRO is utterly fantastic when it comes to world building and lore. It's better than ESO in that way, in my opinion.

But it's a little dated now.

As for the MMO formula, it can reasonably be boiled down to this:

Diablo stretched over months or years instead of days or weeks with a stronger social component.

But it's essentially the exact same loot-driven powertrip.

ha! Yes, I knew I was vulnerable to this sort of game. Which is why I made excuses for avoiding it as a form of self-protection. ;)

Well, I hope I can give it up easily enough. I will stop/pause with the release of the upgraded Wasteland 2 and DD 2 and Fallout 4.

ha! Yes, I knew I was vulnerable to this sort of game. Which is why I made excuses for avoiding it as a form of self-protection. ;)

I didn't get addicted until I started playing WoW regularly with my ex-gf. Once it became a social experience full of commitments that slowly became important than RL commitments, that's when it became unhealthy.

For whatever reason, I started caring more about my performance in the game than pretty much anything else. At least I got to experience being extremely good at something. Too bad it was a game, hehe.

So, I definitely recommend caution ;)

For whatever reason, I started caring more about my performance in the game than pretty much anything else. At least I got to experience being extremely good at something. Too bad it was a game, hehe.

That's interesting, because I never really cared all that much about my performance in WoW. I did install damage counter addons (I was a rogue) and tried to have a decent build (with the help of the internet, mostly), but I knew I'd never be able to compete with the no-lifers without becoming one, nor was I really interested in doing so.

I got slightly addicted regardless, because of participation in guild progression (Molten Core) and the social aspect, of course. :)

I loved ESO when it first came out for the exploring and character advancement. Once I hit max lvl though there was not enough to do. Great game for exploring though and I did like the quests. Bad game for alts and end game.

If you're into PvP with objectives, it's actually one of the best MMOs for end-game - or so people tell me.

If you're into PvP with objectives, it's actually one of the best MMOs for end-game - or so people tell me.

I'm not very competitive towards others, but PvP like that has always kind of interested me since DAoC. So I guess we'll see, if I ever get to level cap--if that's something that's necessary (I don't believe it it).

I'm not very competitive towards others, but PvP like that has always kind of interested me since DAoC. So I guess we'll see, if I ever get to level cap--if that's something that's necessary (I don't believe it it).

I used to be very competitive, but I'm sort of past that :)

Supposedly, ESO PvP should allow for both small and large scale battles, and I've heard many tales of solo "ganking" if you're into that sort of thing.

I've only dabbled in it myself.

Supposedly, ESO PvP should allow for both small and large scale battles, and I've heard many tales of solo "ganking" if you're into that sort of thing.

I've heard of some mix between PvE and PvP gameplay. Not sure how that's supposed to work (PvP battles while doing PvE content or actually integrated with each other).

I've heard of some mix between PvE and PvP gameplay. Not sure how that's supposed to work (PvP battles while doing PvE content or actually integrated with each other).

The zone has quests, dungeons and monsters/NPCs to kill outside of taking over enemies forts.

You'll see once you experience how GIGANTIC the area really is :)

You'll just be doing regular PvE for the most part, if you focus on that. PvP will likely be pretty rare outside of popular quest areas.

Also the justice system allows players to be "volunteers" (more like vigilantes;) ) in the PvE zones. You can kill players with bounties for theft or violence against npcs. Hasn't appealed to me.

EDIT: Although I have seen a few PvP chases in PvE zones, I haven't figured out how to participate as an Enforcer. There are supposed to be towers where you can sign up, but I haven't found any yet...

Last edited:
Also the justice system allows players to be "volunteers" (more like vigilantes;) ) in the PvE zones. You can kill players with bounties for theft or violence against npcs. Hasn't appealed to me.

Hey, but that's actually a cool idea. Do people steal or kill NPCs that often, though? Is it worth it to steal/kill NPCs?

Back
Top Bottom