WarWizard-anybody ever play this? 1994

Hmmm, sounds like I missed something. Do you guys have a folder called Wplayer? If not, try creating an empty folder called Wplayer in your game directory, then restart the game and save it immediately. Let me know if that works. If it doesn't I'll send everyone my Wplayer folder. I left it out of the zip file because I "thought" that the folder got created on a new game.

Yes, there's a Wplayer folder, including Savegam1 that was created and inside that an empty "Cara_v" folder. In Wplayer there's also a Config.dat file. Maybe it still needs some default data that's missing or something along those lines?

Have you checked if there are maybe some hidden or system files somewhere? What did you do to make it run on your machine? I remember your saying that you downloaded a trial version of the game, then using your floppy to unlock it?

I'm at work right now, but I can repackage the game and send a new link tonight. What's weird is I think the first guy I sent this to is playing the game fine....

I have that folder. It was one of the first things I looked for. These old games can be tempermental if they don't have their folders ;)

So I have the folder, plus Savegam1\Cara_V within that folder and it still won't save. I tried using a different savegame slot and it did create the folders just fine (Savegam5\Cara_V), but still no go.

I've tried all of the sound options even with no sound and that didn't work. The menu works fine it's just the saving part that is the problem. Speaking of the menu buttons it's too bad this game never was a success because War Wizard II looked pretty good.

What I'll do this next time is package the game up in it's uninstalled state. I'll package the two shareware .rar files, along with the three files you'll need to change it to the registered version. From there, everyone will need to unzip everything into one folder, run the install.exe file, let it extract all the files/folders and then you'll need to run WW1_reg.exe to extract/write over the shareware stuff. Hopefully, that'll do the trick for everyone. I'm about 5 hours from the time of this post of being able to do this.

My suggestion : Two distince packages, maybe even put into one big pack: One in an uninstalled form, and the other one in an installed form ...

Would be a bit bigger then, though ...

I loved this game even though I only had the demo/shareware version of it.

Could you please send me the link as well?

Thanks!

@mind4rent-There is a thread full of download links for the game. Just hop over there and pick your poison. Be sure to read the notes about running the game in Dosbox. The game is kinda finicky.

Back
Top Bottom