Russia announces food ban from western countries

Good. More food for us! :)

I guess Russians are going to starve soon unless China start to buy everything and resell it to them. Ahahahahahah.

Good. More food for us!
Bravo! Does more food for us mean lower food prices also? That's what I'm hoping for.:wideeyed:
I think this all just posturing and Obama and Putin will be whispering sweet nothings again by Christmas.

(Rah, Rah, Ras) Putin is not going to be affected by this, just the Russian people and those who export to Russia. I really hope that all the other nations continue to stand up to him; it's the only way to deal with leaders of his type!!

Buy shares in companies making blankets and thermal underwear. When Putin goes into Latvia or Estonia to rid those places of fascists, the resulting gas export ban to Europe will net you a fortune!

(Rah, Rah, Ras) Putin is not going to be affected by this, just the Russian people and those who export to Russia. I really hope that all the other nations continue to stand up to him; it's the only way to deal with leaders of his type!!

Well, none is really standing up to him, because there is too big risk to lose money.

I think the EU has been doing a lot wrong in this.

Hello Ukraine,

Please make a deal with us instead of Putin, but we'll not support you when russia stops giving you cheaper gas and stops "supporting" you because you refuse to seal a business deal with them. If that happens, well your on your own, because we really need the gas from Russia, and the export to russia is too large part of our GDP for us to care about that.

Thank you,
The European Union

All I say when I see censorship, bans and illegal natural products (means no GMO and no chems) is:
hello black market, nice to see you

And no government can stop it.

Black market means increased prices. The Russian people will still lose.

Oh, voters lose? Poor sods...
Next time they'll think first, choose later.

Joxer, the Russian people don't have much choice about who to vote for!! They are not to blame in all this, but they are the ones who will suffer.

It's both. And Putin is brash enough to act on it because he realize the UN is a giant joke without the U.S. leading it by the tail.
Indeed, indeed. I'm wondering if the EU will be able to find their man-parts or if the best they'll manage is toothless talk as usual. It would be rather novel to have the Euros rattling sabres while Obummer goes comatose after frantically trying to find a corner to cower in, in the Oval Office.

The U.S. military as a western leader changed not much for the better since 1947 by finding their "male parts" and playing world sheriff.
Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, Lybia, Afghanistan are complete failures in my book. With no US plan/concept at all after the military action. All these countries are in worse shape than before. Only the Yugoslav War and the cold war (with no military action) were successful.
Nowadays the trust in the US administration is cooled down to zero in Europe, because of major spying attacks on allies all over the world.
Europe countries have to help themselves in future conflicts, and I hope they will rely on brains and not so much on military actions.
If the oligarchs begin to lose money big time, then Putin's days are over in Russia.

A few thoughts-

1) 4 of your 5 examples (Libya being the exception since Obummer decided to let the French — the French!!! — carry the water there) share the common thread that the US got to do the vast majority of the work. Kinda like I said, if you think about it. So, since Obummer is busy cowering, if there's work to be done it will have to be the Euros doing it. I think it's fair at that point, given the history since 1947 that you accurately noted, to question whether the Euros will step up to the task or whether we'll have yet another round of "Peace in Our Time".

2) The levels of success in the conflicts you mention depend on what you think the goal is. Iraq under Saddam was a regional threat with global impact. Today, Iraq is a threat only to itself. If you think the goal in Iraq was setting up a Euro-style utopia, then I'd agree that it was a dismal failure. If the goal was to de-fang a threat to the USA, then I'd say it was a moderate success. Afghanistan would have to be considered a relative failure, but 6 years under Obummer's rudderless foreign (non-)policy will do that. Korea is still a global threat, but I'm not sure you can lay the emergence of Un Hung Gai's loony family at our feet.

3) Pretty sure I told y'all years ago there'd be all sorts of buyer's remorse over Obummer. Wasn't me that gave him a Peace Prize. I'll refrain from saying "Told ya so" too many times.

4) You didn't really address the situation. If Putin marches (or, at a minimum pulls another "annexation"), as I expect, whatcha gonna do? Y'all won't be able to rely on the US this time around since we're ALL in agreement that Obummer is, and always has been, lost on foreign policy. So, it seems perfectly reasonable to ask whether the Euros will step up to address the problem, fall back to their traditional toothless talking (the UN will be even more worthless than usual, if that's even possible, given Russia's position on the Security Council), or completely roll over and play dead while desperately trying to frame it as some sort of victory for peace.

5) How do the oligarchs lose money by acquring more territory? They don't. As for all the sanctions, they're pretty well pointless given the Euros need to buy the natural resources just as much, if not more, as Russia needs to sell them. And after all, sanctions did such a fine job with Saddam and, more recently, with Un Hung Gai and Hamas, right?

Joxer, the Russian people don't have much choice about who to vote for!! They are not to blame in all this, but they are the ones who will suffer.
They aren't? First they democratically elected Putin and then, over time, they let him to become a dictator. And, if you check the opinion polls, he is a damn Russian hero right now! Of course, not ALL of Russians are to blame but, unfortunately, the majority of them are. After all we do get the government we deserve don't we?

Similar scenario is being played out right now in Hungary and Turkey. Now is the time for the Hungarians and Turks to show what kind of government they deserve…

2) The levels of success in the conflicts you mention depend on what you think the goal is. Iraq under Saddam was a regional threat with global impact. Today, Iraq is a threat only to itself.
What? Are we living on the same planet dt?

What? Are we living on the same planet dt?
I would say they're far too busy killing each other to have much impact on the USA and even Europe. I might be guilty of "limiting the borders" a bit since you could say they're having an impact on Syria, but I think the point still stands. After all, the current fight is far, far more sectarian than national.

Back
Top Bottom