Top 10 RPGs of 2008 @ GamePro

That's exactly how I would've rated those games, with King's Bounty making a strong honorable mention. And I'm happy to say I've played every one on the list except for Fable 2 and all are great games. I know this site doesn't devote much energy to console JRPGs, but Persona 4 really has been the most entertaining game I played all year. If you have a PS2 laying around, and are not completely adverse to J-Pop music and a more adventure-game approach, then I highly recommend giving it a try. It doesn't have all the teen angsty emo stuff that was in the previous Persona.

If only I could find someone to pay me for making top 10 lists related to this industry....

Never really been a huge fan of JRPGs (no, not even the old classics), so my list would be quite a bit different than the one at GamePro. In fact, I don't have a "top 10" for 2008 - it's more like a top 5, and every good/half-decent RPG of 2008 is on it.

I played Persona 3 and liked it a lot, didn't know Persona 4 was already available in english.

Back
Top Bottom