The Witcher - Site Relaunch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Atari and CD Projekt have re-launched the site for The Witcher with a Flash-y site that took over a minute to load for me:
New Website Launch For 'The Witcher'

Feature-Packed Site Launches in Advance of Worldwide Launch of Highly Anticipated PC Role-Playing Game

LYON, FRANCE – 18 June 2007 – Atari Europe and CD Projekt Sp. z.o.o. today announced the launch of a brand-new website for CD Projekt’s upcoming fantasy role-playing game, The Witcher. The site at www.thewitcher.com is packed full of news, videos, game info and exclusive content, making the site the first stop for any fan of The Witcher.

The new site comprises two separate areas: a product site featuring a wealth of information about the game itself, and an area dedicated to the community with a completely new message board (all accounts and topics from the previous site will remain active). The product site is localized in eight languages – English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian and Czech – while the community site is available in English and Polish. Expect the unexpected with lots of surprises and changes in store for fans over the coming months.

Designed to give visitors a unique insight into the The Witcher, the website reflects the universe created by celebrated Polish fantasy author Andrej Sapkowski on which the game is based and draws visitors in to the morally ambiguous world inhabited by Geralt of Rivia, the game’s protagonist. Fans can learn about the impact of the decisions they will make throughout the story, the fearsome array of foes Geralt will meet along his chosen path, and the innovative combat system that drives his many blood-curdling encounters.

The Witcher represents the pinnacle of storytelling in role-playing games, shattering the line between good and evil with a world where moral ambiguity reigns. In a beautiful, rich game universe created by artists first, technology second, the player becomes his own hero in an epic, action-packed narrative uniquely defined by his actions. Returning to the roots of the role-playing genre with a fresh and modern approach, The Witcher emphasizes story and character development in a vibrant world, while incorporating tactically-deep real-time combat like no game before it.

Created to provide entertainment for both fans of role-playing games and those seeking fast-paced action, The Witcher brings together epic storytelling and dynamic, visually stunning, and tactically deep action.

For more information about The Witcher visit www.thewitcher.com and for more details about Atari’s entire product line up visit www.atari.com.
Tom Ohle sends word that the new site offers "news, screens, videos and loads of new info about CD Projekt and Atari’s upcoming role-playing game. Visitors will also find a brand new community-focused website that provides easy access to news, more game info and revamped message boards."
Apparently new Witcher material will be released this week, so stay tuned.
More information.

Anyone know if there are English translation of these books? I've been watching this game for a while, and I'd be interested in knowing something about the universe before playing it.

[TrollModeOn]I hope that nothing important ever gets published on that site because I'm sure as hell not going to visit that piece of shit website ever again. "Easy access"... my ass.[/TrollModeOff]

Yes, there are some translations available, with more to come. Details are scattered throughout the various Witcher threads!!

Since I keep Flash disabled, I never visit Flash based sites!!

Did I not-see this correctly, the site is Flash-only?

It's totally flash and takes forever to get anywhere. I don't know if you can get on it at all if flash is disabled--I couldn't until I 'allowed' it. The game shots and music are very nice., though---Stilll, liked the old site better.:(

If you're reading this Tom, tell them to lay off the full Flash sites. It's probably unusually slow because it's new and everyone is checking it out but full Flash sites are a pain in the ass to navigate and as a newsie, I couldn't be bothered stuffing around. RPGs with html sites get checked basically every day - Flash ones when I'm in the mood. ;)

Click on the "News & Community Site" at the lower left corner, that's not flash, and the content is the same as the flash one.

Funny, loads almost instantly for me.

The funny thing is that the site takes quite a while on my work site to load, but the music streams up instantly ... I really hate Flash sites.

Its kind of like the Bloodlines site - but scaled down.

Yeah, I think it could be a bit more clear that the community site is essentially the html version...

I really want one of those snarling wolf medallions. If they would put some sterling silver ones up for sale *hint hint* I'm gonna be all over that!

Back
Top Bottom