Baldur's Gate: EE - Dragonspear Nearly Finished

Aubrielle

Noveliste
According to Beamdog's End of the Year Update, Siege of Dragonspear is almost ready. Thanks, Couch!

We've hit a milestone in Siege of Dragonspear's development. As of this week, we are officially CONTENT COMPLETE!

*trumpets play, confetti falls from ceiling*

“Content complete” means that everything that belongs in the game is in the game. Areas are finished, monsters are all in place, items have been crafted, characters stand where they're supposed to stand. All the quests and subquests are finalized and implemented. We decided that some of the older areas we reused from Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition could be improved, and so the artists repainted the city zones to make them sharper and more in line with the updated (but still classic) Siege of Dragonspear look.
More information.

More information.

Curious to see how well they've done this.

Nice! So, if I understood correctly, they also upgraded some BG:EE areas?

Only the UI and some new classes/spells. The BG:EE areas will be upgraded only when accessing that content as part of the expansion, it would stick out too much if it was changed for base BGEE game.

Cool - looking forward to playing this, and as everyone else said "please be good"!

Yes, hopefully it'll be good enough to help fund their next project, whatever that is. I'm hoping they'll try to tackle an IE-style game project using a newer flavor of D&D. Maybe using the OGL from v3.5.

Yes, hopefully it'll be good enough to help fund their next project, whatever that is. I'm hoping they'll try to tackle an IE-style game project using a newer flavor of D&D. Maybe using the OGL from v3.5.

I doubt any new project will be using anything less than 5e

I look forward to this immensely, but probably won't play it anytime soon. Shoot, I still have yet to play Icewind Dale: EE and that's a behemoth of a game to get through! Dragonspear is going to be perfect when I import my saved BG:EE character and decide to finally play through BG2:EE right after. I've only got 40 hours deep in BG2 but once Dragonspear is there, I will have a reason to revisit the entire series. Should be fun. :)

I look forward to this immensely, but probably won't play it anytime soon. Shoot, I still have yet to play Icewind Dale: EE and that's a behemoth of a game to get through! Dragonspear is going to be perfect when I import my saved BG:EE character and decide to finally play through BG2:EE right after. I've only got 40 hours deep in BG2 but once Dragonspear is there, I will have a reason to revisit the entire series. Should be fun. :)

Loved the atmosphere of Icewind dale but have never been able to get more than half way through it....just too much combat after combat after combat.

Loved the atmosphere of Icewind dale but have never been able to get more than half way through it....just too much combat after combat after combat.
That's exactly why I'm interested in the game! I've been playing a lot of game play heavy games lately, dungeon crawlers and the like. Can't wait to try the Mack Daddy of them all in Icewind Dale. 😀

A real RPG ruleset, and especially D&D's, alone will be most welcome.

Pathfinder seems to be doing just fine with the D&D v3.5 OGL. :)
Well Beamdog is working with Wizards of the Coast, not Paizo.
Obsidian is expected to announce a Pathfinder RPG at some point.

Back
Top Bottom