The Witcher: Rise of the White Wolf - Newsletter

@ Phonix: The devs stated that the game takes place after the last story in the last book, so that means it can't take place around the Last Wish time line.

Thats was the PC game! I was under that impresion that RotWW was a brand new game, but if they just reuse the old game story, you are abselutly right.

I see your point. Return of the White Wolf does have a better ring to it than rise.

I liked the way they did the usual "amnesia" gimick to help Geralt (and you) find out bits and pieces about his past. Now that you mention it I do seem to remember they did a lot of the "Introducing the famous character to the rest of the world" marketing. I latched onto choices have real consequences part of the advertising and had forgotten about the rest. Truth be told I didn't really even pay attention to anything else once they said NWN 1 Engine and choices and consequences. I was sold on the game once I heard that. DIdn't really care about who Geralt was, I just wanted to see how I could change how the story unfolded.

I think your right, though, rise is a bit of a stretch and sounds odd when you put it into context with the game.

It was also the NWN1 Engine that made me get interrest in this game, had never heared about Geralt before :)

@ Phonix: The console version is the exact same game we played on PC only with an updated engine.

... but yeah, if the game DID take place after the first book, then "Rise of the White Wolf" would be very fitting.

Found this on The Witcher forum:

'Also take note this is only one of the four project that the Red Team is working on'

Hopeful one of this is a PC Sequel.

Back
Top Bottom