ThinkProgress - Felicia Day Targeted in Hate Campaign

It is not only about wealth itself, but how influential the country is. Now and in the past. As I said, it is not only USA's problem, other countries had a big say in abusing different parts of the world for their profit and gain.
I guess Arkadia was going by per-capita income or per-capita GDP or something along those lines, but it's certainly legit to say that the US is the richest country in the world. It has the biggest total economy, by far, and the highest national wealth, by even farther. Most of the countries on his list wouldn't have anything if it wasn't for the US (and to a lesser extent the rest of the western world) buying their oil.

You are just trying to excuse your laziness. You can't help people who won't help themselves.
Ok, this post is funny. Were your ancestors in Nazi army? Because it sounds like an excuse they used to present Jews as weak and deserving of what happened (for clarity I am not jewish and I don't live in a jewish country) or what any bully would say to excuse his actions.

Ok, this post is funny. Were your ancestors in Nazi army? Because it sounds like an excuse they used to present Jews as weak and deserving of what happened (for clarity I am not jewish and I don't live in a jewish country) or what any bully would say to excuse his actions.

How many more Jews would have died if America hadn't been part of the allies?

So, we can't talk about developers of the gaming industry or prominent people of the gaming industry on a gaming site?

Make up your mind.

Is it a problem because you don't get how this is gaming related news - or is it a problem because you don't think smaller problems are worth talking about when bigger problems exist?

I mean, if you go to the drugstore and complain about how there's no fluid in your bottle of vodka - should the clerk tell you to fuck off because there are people being shot to death in other stores?

You have zero rational backup for anything you say.

It's pure self-centered bullshit.
You chose to include politics here but only want to focus on women rights in gaming? Why?
I just said there are more important topics then gamersgate. And nobody objective is going to argue that.
If politics are what we talk about on news section lets include all of it, and talk about real stuff.

It is not only about wealth itself, but how influential the country is. Now and in the past. As I said, it is not only USA's problem, other countries had a big say in abusing different parts of the world for their profit and gain.

All those countries on the list depend more or less on USA and other major players to keep them in the game. Their wealth would mean nothing if the system of the world was not set up to abuse most of the world. Even China's economic boom is based upon rich countries not caring if China abuses its own population.

I agree with you. The system is designed that way. It is immoral. How about that? A "terrible American" agreed with you, at that!

Yea, America is basically the king of the world. You know what, some of us Americans don't like that role. I wish America was not number one! I'm actually sick of America being the top country, believe it or not. Because that causes us to use stupid vast resources on our military and stuff, so that we can remain "King", these resources that could go to much better things like human welfare and development of new sciences.

If politics are what we talk about on news section lets include all of it, and talk about real stuff.
Well, there IS a forum for it. (Where this post should have been to begin with, instead of on the news page)

This thread makes it pretty clear why the other staff have been avoiding gamergate like the plague.

How many more Jews would have died if America hadn't been part of the allies?
Why are you focusing on one small part of history so much? WW2 is 4 years of most positive thing USA did for the world in politics (it did a lot more with different inventions and culture), but I cannot remember much more than that. Even WW1 was not a war about saving anyone but a political clash between two imperial sides and nobody was a bad guy in that one.

You chose to include politics here but only want to focus on women rights in gaming? Why?
I just said there are more important topics then gamersgate. And nobody objective is going to argue that.

Please point out where I've said we should focus on women..

Yes, there are also more important topics than some random cancelled Kickstarter that no one ever heard about. Does that mean we shouldn't talk about it, as a gaming related piece of news?

The news section is for gaming related news. You don't seem to understand what that means.

Let me explain:

It's about news that relate to games and the gaming industry - especially when it comes to RPGs. Felicia Day is a big deal in the gaming RPG community.

That's not going to change.

If you want to bitch and moan about it, fine - but be prepared to be challenged until your weak position is revealed for what it is.

Ok, I am not going to bother you on this topic anymore. I think I said all I care to say and presented my opinions and views (from a very different perspective, those with open mind understand it). If you still feel like it do continue on with your gamersgame geek online wars.

Why are you focusing on one small part of history so much? WW2 is 4 years of most positive thing USA did for the world in politics (it did a lot more with different inventions and culture), but I cannot remember much more than that. Even WW1 was not a war about saving anyone but a political clash between two imperial sides and nobody was a bad guy in that one.

Small part of history? Are you joking?

Anyway, I'm not focusing on it.

I'm asking you to recognise what America did in the war.

Can you do that?

Ok, I am not going to bother you on this topic anymore. I think I said all I care to say and presented my opinions and views (from a very different perspective, those with open mind understand it). If you still feel like it do continue on with your gamersgame geek online wars.

It was never hard to understand. The hard part has been getting you to admit how self-centered you've been.

But I'll settle for you just leaving it alone, thank you :)

For the record, I'm not really a fan of Felicia Day - and I can't stand her way of getting attention.

But my personal feelings are hardly relevant - are they.

Its clear that you blame all the worlds problems on the countries that are doing ok right now. Never mind that they all went thru the same problems long ago and fixed it themselves.

Geopolitics and history aside, I want to thank all the rational people for coming out on this thread and giving a shout on the side of reason. I haven't been on the Watch nearly as long as the core of the site, and when I first came here, it seemed like there was as much sexism against women then as there is decency and rational behavior now, and people that I figured were hopeless are actually some of the strongest, most decent people I've ever met. The tables have totally turned, and the climate has improved drastically in just a year, becoming more positive and inclusive than I'd have dared to hope.

I want to thank everyone that's expressed support in this thread, for Felicia and for all women that experience the most horrible form of abuse just for sharing a hobby. It's true that each one of us is a unique individual, and I can't wait for the day when we can all write and share our love for games and just have fun without the threat of violence.

Thank you, RPGWatch. :) You're the best!

I think linking to Fox News on RPGWatch would also amaze me. But Fox News is also a mainstream news website, it's not the right-wing equivalent of thinkprogress.com at all. The right-wing equivalent would be something like, linking to Rush Limbaugh's website.

If you are seriously equating Fox News to ThinkProgress.com, then you've already shown your bias and are simply trolling.

I don't see much difference between mainstream news and pundits / bloggers, but I'll take your word for it. To be honest, I'm not really all that familiar with any of these sites and generally don't follow political news that much anymore if I can help it.

But you're overlooking the main point I was trying to make, which is that this particular issue (people receiving death threats / doxing etc.) transcends politics. Thinkprogress may be a left leaning political blog but you can probably find almost the exact same article posted by a mainstream gaming news site. All the article quote Felicia Day / Chris Kluwe and summarize what happened . So unless you're claiming that the threats / "doxing" of FD never happened, there isn't really anything in the article up for debate, is there?

I don't see much difference between mainstream news and pundits / bloggers, but I'll take your word for it. To be honest, I'm not really all that familiar with any of these sites and generally don't follow political news that much anymore if I can help it.

But you're overlooking the main point I was trying to make, which is that this particular issue (people receiving death threats / doxing etc.) transcends politics. Thinkprogress may be a left leaning political blog but you can probably find almost the exact same article posted by a mainstream gaming news site. All the article quote Felicia Day / Chris Kluwe and summarize what happened . So unless you're claiming that the threats / "doxing" of FD never happened, there isn't really anything in the article up for debate, is there?
It claims it was done by gamergate supporters, without evidence mind you, and uses a link from a gamergate subreddit condemning it as a source. Yet Aubrielle calls it a hate campaign. There is a very clear bias here. I was very involved with gamergate for nearly 2 months and they may be fucking idiots but they don't dox people.

Hmm. Someone is making claims - without evidence - that a hatred of women is somehow systemical in the gaming community

Let's assume for a moment, that, before GamerGate, there actually was no evidence for that. Let's face it, the guys sending hate mails, rape and death threats delivered more evidence than any judge or jury could ever demand.

Belongs in the Politics & Religion Forum. But so do a lot of other news posts.

Can we next start writing articles proposing explicit modes of thinking? I surely love it when a medium for news delivery becomes the news itself.

Back
Top Bottom