BioWare - 2011 VGA Teaser

Yea, I read that one too. Don't believe a word until it's made official. This teaser nonsense is annoying.

Cha-ching! Cha-ching! Cha-ching!

That was EA's mantra, and now it's Bio's mantra. That became evident with DA2.

Thank God Bethesda and CD Projekt Red is stepping up to the RPG plate… So all is not lost.

I read some rumors that EA is working on C&C Generals 2. Can that be this new game?

Ah, so the BioWare brand is being whored out for any kind of game now?

Please remember that they did MDK2, too !
And don't forget this "Sonic - The Dark Brotherhood" thing !

I've really enjoyed the majority of Bioware games, Jade Empire didn't jive with me that much...but other than that I've been pretty pleased. Even wound up enjoying DA2 more than I ever thought I would based on all I saw before it released...

That said, I'll reserve judgement on the new game till I see a lot more, know a lot more and probably till I play it a bit...then I'll decide thumbs up or down ;)

I'm thinking the "whoring out the name" idea might be dead on. Have a completely unrelated studio push out a completely unrelated game in a totally different genre but stick BioWare's name on it so people will actually pay attention. But who's stupid enough to buy into something like that?

Oh yeah, Spike...

So.. a new studio with a new direction - doesn't that imply that it's simply a new EA studio developing a new EA game? What does this have to do with BioWare?

It's a 2 second clip. I think all of this speculation and "whoring" of BioWare is getting a little excessive for a 2 second clip. Remember all of the speculation about the original few-seconds-long second teaser with the British guy for ME3 and how most of it was plain old wrong?

Why not wait for a few more details before assuming everything's gone to pot, or at least more than 2 seconds of a tank.

If they wanted a different response, then they probably shouldn't have made a teaser showing 2 seconds of a tank.

Then again, I've never understood the point of "teasing" people with an unreleased game with no prior information without actually revealing anything.

Sounds like going to a titty bar and watching clothed women taking off their hats.

If they wanted a different response, then they probably shouldn't have made a teaser showing 2 seconds of a tank.

Then again, I've never understood the point of "teasing" people with an unreleased game with no prior information without actually revealing anything.

Sounds like going to a titty bar and watching clothed women taking off their hats.

Well, they might believe that any buzz, even negative ones, is good for the sales.

Me, I dont fancy looking at women taking of their hats..

C

So.. a new studio with a new direction - doesn't that imply that it's simply a new EA studio developing a new EA game? What does this have to do with BioWare?

EA owns the BioWare brand. They can slap that brand name on any studio or game they own or publish and make the game a much higher profile release than it would be otherwise. Hence, my statement about them "whoring out the brand".

BioWare has been leaking reputation for a few years now and if EA goes this route it will be only a matter of time before the brand means nothing. All it will take is a bad release or two by a non BioWare Edmonton studio. Hell, with DA2 BioWare did an effective job of brand assassination on their own. However, it takes more than one mediocre/bad game to completely ruin a brand as well loved as BioWare.

I've been playing BioWare games since the 90s so this seems like the end of an era.

Seeing recent game as mass effect it does not surprise me that they turn completely to action games, well it is normal since is easier to do and more profitable. Will kind of miss games like nwn and dragon age origins, but nothing else can be done rather then say good bye.

Back
Top Bottom